Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

GRC

Featured Replies

Have you ever seen him teach? It's Coach Humphrey not Humphries.

 

Thank you on the spelling correction.

 

Point made. No, I haven't seen him teach, only heard he hasn't done it in AWHILE, but the lady who he took over her classes had been teaching wonderfully. (so it was said...)

  • Replies 114
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He seems like a good coach and a good guy to me.

Funny thing is...my nephew plays football and is not even a "basketball" kid, so he never tried out....As an FYI. ;)

Everybody is entitled to their opinion...but this information came from another teacher to me....so I'm led to believe that a great teacher got replaced by a coach who had more seniority (and value to the school because of winning basketball seasons.) I love sports as much as the next one, but I still believe a school is for learning. STUDENT athlete...as in Student first athlete second. I just feel what an injustice to the kids who really want to learn and won't go on to play basketball.

 

On another note. My nephew met the Zollo kid today. Said he was really a down to earth (not show offy) type of kid. Sounds like he will be a nice addition to GRC both on and off the court.

 

Also, funny how Columbia has had not such great seasons lately and people, in the football thread, want to throw this educated man, who had a winning season not very long ago, under the bus...but you say something about the basketball coach who is on a winning streak and people assume your kid didn't make the team or isn't getting much playing time. Funny how that works!! :jump:

 

The information they gave you is not correct. Coach is basically in the same position he had last year. The teacher you speak of, did get pinked slipped, she was replaced by a new teacher to the GRC staff.

Has a ruling been made on Zollo yet? I hadn't heard anything about his eligibility.

I don't think there is any question about his eligibility at this point.

I don't think there is any question about his eligibility at this point.

 

I just remember his mother talking to the media about the situation. I can't remember what all she said, but I was wondering if that was an issue here. I hope not. He definitly deserves to play.

I just remember his mother talking to the media about the situation. I can't remember what all she said, but I was wondering if that was an issue here. I hope not. He definitly deserves to play.

 

Don't think there's been a ruling but everybody around here feels he's fine. No reason not to be really, his mother made the right comments. :thumb:

I just remember his mother talking to the media about the situation. I can't remember what all she said, but I was wondering if that was an issue here. I hope not. He definitly deserves to play.

 

Don't think there's been a ruling but everybody around here feels he's fine. No reason not to be really, his mother made the right comments. :thumb:

 

Here is the article from the Winchester Sun:

 

"Vinny liked the school. He checked out the classes to see if he would be on track academically," said Curry. "It looks like a good area for us. If everything goes okay with the certification, I am sure we will be there."

 

He was nice, but not pushy. I am leery of schools that called basically trying to recruit him," she said. "This all happened without the coach calling or breaking any rules. One coach in that region called and it scared me to death because I thought that could be a rules violation.

 

http://www.winchestersun.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=13677&format=html

GRC should be the head of the 10th this year,But not by an overwhelming amount.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.