Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hey, NKy folks, What's the lowdown on Cooper

Featured Replies

Just saw Cooper on the P-burg schedule. I don't know anything about them. Can anyone fill me in?

It's a new school in Boone County. They will be playing in 6A and are starting from the ground up.

This might be a dumb question but where is P-burg?

This might be a dumb question but where is P-burg?
I assume he's referring to Prestonsburg.
  • Author
I assume he's referring to Prestonsburg.

 

That's right. Thanks for the help. Does anyone know anything about their coach (i.e. where he was before), or about any players? I understand they are drawing from Boone County and Ryle.

Randy Borchers from Ludlow is their Varsity Head Coach. From what I understand, his staff is now being formed and they are meeting with incoming students. Their facilities aren't complete yet, but they are lifting at an area YMCA. It is a beautiful new school...

P-burg should be able to handle Cooper in their first year, IMO.

My understanding is that Prestonsburg returns most of their studs. I agree with Water Boy.

I would like to see Cooper win some games this year but its going to be tough for them to do. Is there any big players from other schools going to Cooper or are most staying at the other Boone County Schools.

That's right. Thanks for the help. Does anyone know anything about their coach (i.e. where he was before), or about any players? I understand they are drawing from Boone County and Ryle.

 

I understand Cooper will actually draw most of it's students from areas that were formerly districted to Conner.

Cooper will start in 6A but will drop to 5A for 2009 and 2010.

Why will cooper start in 6A then move back? That seems backwards to me.

Cooper will start in 6A but will drop to 5A for 2009 and 2010.
Well, that certainly shakes up the local alignment picture! :eek:
I understand Cooper will actually draw most of it's students from areas that were formerly districted to Conner.

 

I'm not positive how many, but I've been told there is a good amount of students transferring from Conner. From what I've heard though, most of the junior/seniors to be, are staying at their current high school. Which in turn means Cooper should have a pretty young, inexperienced team in their 1st and possibly 2nd season.

I'm not positive how many, but I've been told there is a good amount of students transferring from Conner. From what I've heard though, most of the junior/seniors to be, are staying at their current high school. Which in turn means Cooper should have a pretty young, inexperienced team in their 1st and possibly 2nd season.

 

 

This is very true. Plus ... Conner got lucky in one very important way ... MOST of the athletes live on the right side of KY 18. (Which really helps!)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.