Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rivals top 25

Featured Replies

Who will UL have inside to replace Padgett and Caracter as well as Palacios?

 

I don't think they will be a top 5 or 10 team during the season especially early. What are others thoughts on UL being ranked so high?

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ Highest ranked center in the class, Samardo Samuels.

Notre Dame at 4 is too high. The Irish are a very good home team, but they still haven't

proven themselves on the road or even on neutral courts. They are also losing a solid

forward in Rob Kurz - not the best player on the team by any stretch, but a good, quiet

leadership type guy. Harangody needs to learn how to finish instead of just draw the

contact (as was shown by the NCAA tourny) and Zach Hillesland needs to step up where

Kurz left off. Some solid, consistent defense will also help... I suppose that from my

perspective, there are too many questions for them to be No. 4 at the beginning of the

season.

 

The Big East as a whole will be very tough - not as tough as rivals makes it out to be -

but I would be willing to say it will be the best conference in NCAA basketball next year.

IMO, Pitt gassed themselves this year just trying to make the NCAA's and Georgetown

ran into Cinderella. Though their rankings are a bit inflated, I don't think they are too far

off either.

  • Author
With Williams, Henderson and Smith out on the perimeter I don't see it being much of a problem either... Just have to shore up the inside.

 

What about when they play Paulus and if he stays Jon Sheyer? Going up against really quick guards has been an issue for Duke basically since Chris Duhon graduated.

I couldn't get the link I put up to work, but here is a rundown.

 

1. UConn

2. Pittsburg

3. Purdue

4. Notre Dame

5. UNC

6. Duke

7. Oklahoma

8. UL

9. UT

10. Wake Forest

11. Georgetown

12. Mich St.

13. Villanova

14. Florida

15. UCLA

16. Kansas

17. Gonzaga

18. Memphis

19. Marquette

20. USC

21. Texas

22. Davidson

23. UNLV

24. Ohio St.

25. Wisconsin

 

Recieiving votes:

 

Arizona St, Xavier, Arizona, UK, West Virginia, Miami (fl), Sandiego, Baylor, Syracuse

 

Texas and Carolina could have players coming back from the draft and would raise their stock. I am pretty they have not signed with an agent.

  • Author
Texas and Carolina could have players coming back from the draft and would raise their stock. I am pretty they have not signed with an agent.

 

So might Florida with Speights I believe, and Memphis had a couple guys not hire an agent yet. Maybe more, I just can't think of anyone else off the top of my head.

So might Florida with Speights I believe, and Memphis had a couple guys not hire an agent yet. Maybe more, I just can't think of anyone else off the top of my head.

 

I figured there was more but those two is the only ones I knew...

What about when they play Paulus and if he stays Jon Sheyer? Going up against really quick guards has been an issue for Duke basically since Chris Duhon graduated.

 

Scheyer really isn't TERRIBLE at defending so I can deal with him. Paulus was improved from previous years but you are right he will have a bit of trouble with real quick guards. My point was that they are getting more and more quick and athletic players in the system.

With Earl deciding to come back next year, I expected UL to be pre-season Top 10. I just hope they can play to their potential early and often.

  • Author
Scheyer really isn't TERRIBLE at defending so I can deal with him. Paulus was improved from previous years but you are right he will have a bit of trouble with real quick guards. My point was that they are getting more and more quick and athletic players in the system.

 

Not much of a ringing endorsement. I actually do think Duke will have a good record and be a very good team this year. I just don't see them making a deep run in March. Too many weaknesses.

Not much of a ringing endorsement. I actually do think Duke will have a good record and be a very good team this year. I just don't see them making a deep run in March. Too many weaknesses.

I see Duke being about the same as they were last season. Lots of heart and effort, a little challenged athletically. Should hang around the top 10 all season, but will live and die by the three. Could make a run in March, but it would not be a suprise to see them eliminated in the first weekend.

^ Dead on....you can sense though, that Duke is close to being back to dominant...that excites me.

^ Dead on....you can sense though, that Duke is close to being back to dominant...that excites me.

 

Really? Cause I feel like they're heading the opposite way. Seems like they're becoming less and less relevant every season. And that's not just UK fan speak.

Really? Cause I feel like they're heading the opposite way. Seems like they're becoming less and less relevant every season. And that's not just UK fan speak.

 

I don't...they won a championship in 2001, went to the Final Four in 2004, have won the ACC most of this decade. Duke was crippled by Deng and Livingston's decisions. They are almost back, IMO. They are recruiting a lot of athletes now, and I think they will be a major factor in the next 2-3 seasons.

Lawson and Ellington will return to UNC and they will be the # 1 team in the country.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.