Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rivals top 25

Featured Replies

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

I couldn't get the link I put up to work, but here is a rundown.

 

1. UConn

2. Pittsburg

3. Purdue

4. Notre Dame

5. UNC

6. Duke

7. Oklahoma

8. UL

9. UT

10. Wake Forest

11. Georgetown

12. Mich St.

13. Villanova

14. Florida

15. UCLA

16. Kansas

17. Gonzaga

18. Memphis

19. Marquette

20. USC

21. Texas

22. Davidson

23. UNLV

24. Ohio St.

25. Wisconsin

 

Recieiving votes:

 

Arizona St, Xavier, Arizona, UK, West Virginia, Miami (fl), Sandiego, Baylor, Syracuse

  • Author

http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=802853

 

Lets try this one.

 

 

Anyways, while I think they are easily the best conference going into next year the Big East is overrated individually on this poll. UL is right, but Notre Dame, UConn, and Georgetown are overrated.

 

I believe Purdue and Duke are both overrated as well. I believe the rest of the Big 10 teams are actually underrated in the poll.

 

Anyways, while I think they are easily the best conference going into next year the Big East is overrated individually on this poll. UL is right, but Notre Dame, UConn, and Georgetown are overrated.

 

 

Take the SEC blinders off for a minute. ND returns the best inside/outside duo in the country in Harangody and McAlrney. UConn is LOADED with Thabeet back. Maybe the best roster in the country when you add Walker and Majok to what they already had. Georgetown might be slightly overrated as they adjust to life without Wallace and Hibbert, but with Monroe joining Freeman, Chris Wright, Summers and others they will be very tough once again.

 

Mike Decourcy told me last week he's looking at NINE Big East teams in his 2008 pre season Top 25.

 

They lacked an elite team last year, but with pretty much everything returning, it will be far and away the best conference in the country...

Louisville is too low.

 

The Big East thias year will be comparable to the SEC in football the past 2 years.

I actually think Duke is about right, IMO.

I actually think Duke is about right, IMO.

 

Me too, honestly. They could go up or they could drop, depending on how the freshman shake out and how much their inside game is going to improve. RP did you see the signing of the older Plumlee? Not really sure how good he is but 6"10 for next year is another big body to use.

  • Author
Take the SEC blinders off for a minute. ND returns the best inside/outside duo in the country in Harangody and McAlrney. UConn is LOADED with Thabeet back. Maybe the best roster in the country when you add Walker and Majok to what they already had. Georgetown might be slightly overrated as they adjust to life without Wallace and Hibbert, but with Monroe joining Freeman, Chris Wright, Summers and others they will be very tough once again.

 

Mike Decourcy told me last week he's looking at NINE Big East teams in his 2008 pre season Top 25.

 

They lacked an elite team last year, but with pretty much everything returning, it will be far and away the best conference in the country...

 

Please tell me where I mentioned the SEC at. As far at UConn being overrated, I do think they are a great team, I just don't see them as the best team in the country, just my opinion. I do firmly think Notre Dame is overrated. I beleive they are a top 15 team, not a top 5 team. And I definitly stand by wahwt I said about Georgetown. Greg Monroe has a LONG WAYS to go before he is going to be a star in college. I watched him several times in high school and he did practically nothing in the games I watched. He does have potential, but I think he is way overrated.

 

Did you notice how I said that the Big East was easily the best conference. I think UL is actually a little underrated.

 

If you are going to criticize me about my so-called SEC bias please atleast wait til I mention the SEC. :lol:

  • Author
I actually think Duke is about right, IMO.

 

They still have glaring weaknesses. I think they will once again have problems guarding quick players and don't have good enough size inside.

^ I don't think the perimeter defense will be an issue at all next season. Interior is the problem.

Me too, honestly. They could go up or they could drop, depending on how the freshman shake out and how much their inside game is going to improve. RP did you see the signing of the older Plumlee? Not really sure how good he is but 6"10 for next year is another big body to use.

 

I did see that, though I am not concerned with filler. WE (just kidding, :D), Duke needs to get guys that can actually move around and play, ala Carlos Boozer and Elton Brand.

^ I don't think the perimeter defense will be an issue at all next season. Interior is the problem.

 

With Williams, Henderson and Smith out on the perimeter I don't see it being much of a problem either... Just have to shore up the inside.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.