Bellevue 4 Highlands 3

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is an impressive win for Bellevue.. Wow Highlands now loses to Holmes and Bellvue.

I'm not at all dissing Bellevue but you would just expect Highlands to win these games.

Yes you would, but with some very nice hitting and fielding for Bellevue and some very untimely errors by Highlands, Highlands won't win too many like this one. If you make routine plays, then these games are in the win column!

Nice job by the Bellevue pitcher. Bellevue - Jones HR. Highlands - Reller 2B, Liggett 2B, Muench HR.

Nice game by both teams. Highlands - Towles is the real deal. Struggled a little at first but had 4 strike outs in 2 innings. Bellevue - Piper constanly changed speed and location. He has had several impressive outings this year. Hegge went 3/4, Buckler went 2/3 in addition to Jones HR.

Combs went 0 for 2 with a base on balls, but hit the ball hard twice. The Tigers are playing some pretty good baseball now. Towles and Muench threw well but so did Piper. Contrasting styles to say the least. Great baseball game though.

And, all the players mentioned are underclassmen. Buckler, Piper, Hegge and Jones are all sophs and Combs is a junior.

Wow is all I can say. Congrats to my Tigers who still have a fond place in my heart. How many innings did Towles throw? Just curious.

Piper sounds like a crafty pitcher. 7 strong innings is tough for a sophomore. Like DMZ said, they better ice him up and not burn him out.