April 9, 200818 yr Author How many times in baseball is it a persons job to just move the runner to 3rd while conceding the 2nd out? Ouch...Since you're so into statistics tell me what % of the time a guy is asked to give himself up to get a guy to 3rd for the 2nd out? How many times does that guy score when he wouldn't have scored from second anyway? Were they playing for a wild pitch? Why not just bunt if that was the ultimate goal? Can I see a statistical break down of the number of ABs with 1 out and a guy on 2nd? Is it more likely he moves to 3rd? Scored? Stayed at 2nd? I didn't agree, but the end result was a run. Score tied. Mission accomplished...
April 9, 200818 yr Why? Because I think he is garbage, but I am going to give him some more time. I have never been a fan of his.
April 9, 200818 yr Hatte and Votto stand very little chance on getting a hit aganist that guy. He made the right move.
April 9, 200818 yr Because I think he is garbage, but I am going to give him some more time. I have never been a fan of his. Tell me you weren't callin for Freel over him?:scared:
April 9, 200818 yr As you said, it was only the 7th inning. Dusty has to look ahead to the rest of the series, and road trip. The Reds don't have another day off until Monday. There's no need to go to your bullpen in the 7th inning of the 1st game of the trip when your pitcher is still in a groove. I agree if it weren't a rookie pitcher making his 2nd career start that doesn't need to go 100 pitches, or they were winning. Harang is pitching the 3rd game right? If your pen can't go 2 or 3 innings in the first game of a series b/c you have a veteran who usually goes 200 innings the next game w/ your ace behind him then they aren't as well off in the pen as I thought. Bottom line conceding an out when down w/ a runner in scoring position w/ an out isn't a great move IMO.
April 9, 200818 yr Tell me you weren't callin for Freel over him?:scared: Valetine maybe, he's more likely to drive in runs.
April 9, 200818 yr Can I see a statistical break down of the number of ABs with 1 out and a guy on 2nd? Is it more likely he moves to 3rd? Scored? Stayed at 2nd? I didn't agree, but the end result was a run. Score tied. Mission accomplished... Winning the game should be the mission. Do you think they would have had a better chance at scoring more runs w/o conceding the out?
April 9, 200818 yr Tell me you weren't callin for Freel over him?:scared: I was not. I would take Votto or Hatte over Hopper.
April 9, 200818 yr Valetine maybe, he's more likely to drive in runs. He's not all that great hitting from the right side.
April 9, 200818 yr I was not. I would take Votto or Hatte over Hopper. Not aganist that guy they had out there.
April 9, 200818 yr Would have been nice to see Burton finish the inning, but still a nice outing. I love what I see from him. I think he takes over the 8th inning role eventually.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.