Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alan Hatcher/Greenup County

Featured Replies

No offense to Smith or Dodd or Fraley, but Hatcher would be the choice IMO. I hope he knows what he is getting into.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hatcher is not an average coach, he is a great coach.

Hatcher had applied at Russell as well so I'm told...and I agree with the Duckster that Dodd is the supposed lead candidate at Greenup...so who knows...I'm sure Fraley and Smith will be highly considered as well for GCHS...

Doublechecked info....no Hatcher application at Russell...bad informant...my fault.

Alan Hatcher coached at Portsmouth HS (Ohio) in 1992. Portsmouth is across the river from Greenup County. He had a 9-12 record during his 1 year at the school.

 

Unfortunately, his tenure followed Joe Suboticki's:

 

1988-1991

Joe Suboticki / record 94-11

Highlights: led Trojans to 4 District Titles, 2 Regional Titles, 4 League Titles, state champions 1988, state runners-up 1990. Won 2 state championships with Akron SVSM, and 1 as an asst.coach at Barberton. WINNING PCT. .895

 

http://phstrojansbball.tripod.com/id5.html

Alan Hatcher coached at Portsmouth HS (Ohio) in 1992. Portsmouth is across the river from Greenup County. He had a 9-12 record during his 1 year at the school.

 

Unfortunately, his tenure followed Joe Suboticki's:

 

1988-1991

Joe Suboticki / record 94-11

Highlights: led Trojans to 4 District Titles, 2 Regional Titles, 4 League Titles, state champions 1988, state runners-up 1990. Won 2 state championships with Akron SVSM, and 1 as an asst.coach at Barberton. WINNING PCT. .895

 

http://phstrojansbball.tripod.com/id5.html

 

Suboticki was quite the coach till he got in a little trouble also. If my memory serves me right.:confused:

I've heard Troy Lee Thomas is interested in the job.

Maybe Coach Suboticki should put in a resume?

:)

Late 70's and early 80's he was the head coach at Williamson High School in Williamson, WV. Won several state titles there.

Late 70's and early 80's he was the head coach at Williamson High School in Williamson, WV. Won several state titles there.

 

2............he can coach.

 

PCC is just a big of mess as GCHS

Fraley would not have stepped down at Rose Hill if the GCHS job was not his. Dodd reputation is ruined in the 16th, he will need to go back to NAIA if he is still welcome, where getting along with people is not a requirement.

Fraley would not have stepped down at Rose Hill if the GCHS job was not his. Dodd reputation is ruined in the 16th, he will need to go back to NAIA if he is still welcome, where getting along with people is not a requirement.

 

Interesting observation. I have thought this was Fraley's job from the get go. Dodd can coach he knows the game. I think Dodd likes the 16th and IF he gets a second chance like the GC job he may do some things differently. However I too believe that Fraley is the next head coach at GC. I'm sure that GC has contacted Russell and got some of the Dodd scoop which couold hurt him in the long run for the GC job! However I know nothing I'm an outsider of both schools looking in.

Fraley would not have stepped down at Rose Hill if the GCHS job was not his. Dodd reputation is ruined in the 16th, he will need to go back to NAIA if he is still welcome, where getting along with people is not a requirement.

 

Apparently he did. You are also wrong about the second part.:D

Interesting observation. I have thought this was Fraley's job from the get go. Dodd can coach he knows the game. I think Dodd likes the 16th and IF he gets a second chance like the GC job he may do some things differently. However I too believe that Fraley is the next head coach at GC. I'm sure that GC has contacted Russell and got some of the Dodd scoop which couold hurt him in the long run for the GC job! However I know nothing I'm an outsider of both schools looking in.

 

 

Not from the people at Russell that matter in this situation.:D

If you can get Alan Hatcher at Greenup County you are very very lucky. The man flat out knows the game of basketball.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.