Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ALL "A" CLASSIC PREDICTIONS

Featured Replies

what do you all think about the 13th

  • Replies 41
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12th Region favorite has to be Somerset, the defending overall regional champions. Danville has a young, but solid team and Burgin isn't bad, either. Don't expect much from Monticello.

 

I'd pick Somerset, but if the regional were later in the year it might be different.

It's tough to go agaisnt OCath. How many players did they lose?

 

Correct if I am wrong (and I'm sure someone will ),but I believe they had at least 3 go to Western Ky. for baseball .The starting pitcher in the championship game of the All A last year ,the catcher and the shortstop .I do not know the names .They do have back sophmore Cole Sturgeon (sp?) who pitched the semifinal game and then started in CF .They should be a solid ball club .

I like Beechwood. They are very well coached and have kids who know how to play in the BIG game. The downside to this year may be depth and experience at teh back-up positions. I say this with bited tongue, since the younger players know the game and have played against the best competition in their summer programs. They will compete.

12th Region favorite has to be Somerset, the defending overall regional champions. Danville has a young, but solid team and Burgin isn't bad, either. Don't expect much from Monticello.

 

I'd pick Somerset, but if the regional were later in the year it might be different.

 

That's pretty much dead on. Somerset is definately the favorite but for some reason Danville has had their number in the All A Region for awhile. As a matter of fact I'm not sure if Somerset has ever won the All A Region in spite of winning the overall Region last season.

Hazard is the favorite of the 14th.

That's pretty much dead on. Somerset is definately the favorite but for some reason Danville has had their number in the All A Region for awhile. As a matter of fact I'm not sure if Somerset has ever won the All A Region in spite of winning the overall Region last season.

 

Danville has won the 12th region All A Region every year they have had it, but I would say Somerset will probably be favoried to win it this year.

Correct if I am wrong (and I'm sure someone will ),but I believe they had at least 3 go to Western Ky. for baseball .The starting pitcher in the championship game of the All A last year ,the catcher and the shortstop .I do not know the names .They do have back sophmore Cole Sturgeon (sp?) who pitched the semifinal game and then started in CF .They should be a solid ball club .
They had three kids go to Louisville ... Stewart Ijames is starting in right field, I think, and Neil Holland is pitching out of the bullpen. Joe Devine is another pitcher that signed at Louisville.

Region 1 ... it's between Murray and Ballard Memorial. Murray is probably the better team, but the tournament is at Ballard.

 

Region 2 ... probably between University Heights and Crittenden County, which has a fairly deep pitching staff.

 

These two regions play each other for the trip to Applebee's ...

  • Author

9th region is Beechwood, unless Holy Cross or NCC can sneak in there. They are probably playing Brossart in the 10th. Can Beechwood beat Owensboro Catholic unlike last years Championship game?

Lexinton Christian will win the classic if Robbie Ross pitches 2 games. He has already signed with UK and throws low to mid 90's. I have never seen anyone in the state of Kentucky come close to throwing at this speed. If you doubt this ask any Campbell County player how hard he throws. They are still trying to figure out who closed the 7th inning against them. The kid is unbelievable.

After the game their coach confirmed that he may not attend UK as he is projected as a 1st. round pick.

Lexinton Christian will win the classic if Robbie Ross pitches 2 games. He has already signed with UK and throws low to mid 90's. I have never seen anyone in the state of Kentucky come close to throwing at this speed. If you doubt this ask any Campbell County player how hard he throws. They are still trying to figure out who closed the 7th inning against them. The kid is unbelievable.

After the game their coach confirmed that he may not attend UK as he is projected as a 1st. round pick.

The only way Ross pitches twice in the state tournament (barring a rainout) is if he pitches two innings in the quarterfinals and then again the next day.

 

Given Ross' stature as a prospect, I don't see the Lexington Christian coaching staff doing it.

  • Author

Did anyone happen to see the Lex Christian/Beechwood game last year? Went into extras but had to be postponed a week due to state testing. Elliott and Ross battled the second go around at Williamstown but in the end Elliott won with a base hit by Chas Hyde scoring Brady Slusher. Ross was hitting low ninety's consistently and Elliot was throwing high eighty's to low ninety's.

Did anyone happen to see the Lex Christian/Beechwood game last year? Went into extras but had to be postponed a week due to state testing. Elliott and Ross battled the second go around at Williamstown but in the end Elliott won with a base hit by Chas Hyde scoring Brady Slusher. Ross was hitting low ninety's consistently and Elliot was throwing high eighty's to low ninety's.

 

This has nothing to do with this year's All A. I did not see the game but thanks for the summary. And how did you know he was hitting low 90's consistantly? Did you have a radar gun? The highest i heard of him being clocked at last year was 91mph and that was only 1 pitch, but he threw consistant 85-88mph.

This has nothing to do with this year's All A. I did not see the game but thanks for the summary. And how did you know he was hitting low 90's consistantly? Did you have a radar gun? The highest i heard of him being clocked at last year was 91mph and that was only 1 pitch, but he threw consistant 85-88mph.

 

As a matter of fact there was 3 radar guns at the game .I did here low 90's ,but I do not know how many pitches that they threw in that range .1 gun was a dad the other 2 were scouts .

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.