April 2, 200818 yr There is a reason you haven't heard Anthony Grant's name mentioned for a new job much so far this off season. I was told today that it is believed there will be a change made at Florida State and that Grant is waiting for it to happen. He's from Florida, so it would seem to be a very solid fit as long as he keeps a top notch recruiting class in tact...
April 2, 200818 yr I don't see that happening at all! Hamilton has a VERY good recruiting class coming in!
April 2, 200818 yr While there is no way he can turn down a chance to go home, he just signed with VCU 2 years ago. :lol: With that said, you would think if he ends up at FSU, they have a chance to go from middle of the pack to upper tier of that conference very quickly. When looking up Leonard Hamilton on Wikipedia, I found this hilarious quote: Though well-known as an avid recruiter, Hamilton's coaching style has come into question due to his sub-.500 record as a head coach. Looking back on Hamilton signing the #1 recruiting class in 2003, Sport Illustrated's Luke Winn remarked, "Congrats go out to Leonard Hamilton for pulling off an incredible feat. He managed to parlay a No. 1 recruiting class ... into zero trips to the NCAA tournament. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_Hamilton
April 2, 200818 yr Author I don't see that happening at all! Hamilton has a VERY good recruiting class coming in! And a .550 winning clip in 6 years. I was a little surprised when I was told the information, but there has to be a reason Grant is laying low...
April 2, 200818 yr While there is no way he can turn down a chance to go home, he just signed with VCU 2 years ago. :lol: Why is that funny? He was a goner to Florida after 1 year if Donovan stays with the Magic.
April 2, 200818 yr Hamilton is on shaky ground. His buddy Clem Haskins has been lobbying WKU to look at Hamilton. Makes logical sense for Grant to wait.
April 2, 200818 yr I don't see that happening at all! Hamilton has a VERY good recruiting class coming in! Hamilton has had very good classes coming in for a while now. It's what he's done with those classes that has put him on the hot seat.
April 2, 200818 yr Why is that funny? He was a goner to Florida after 1 year if Donovan stays with the Magic. It's funny to me cause you don't see any coach honor a contract, everyone is always looking for something better. I'm not just picking on this coach, just any coach, any sport. I know it's part of the business now, just makes me laugh when they hold their press conference about being there for the school, the players, etc, etc.
April 3, 200818 yr Would a coaching change down there change anything with Singleton? Has he signed an LOI?
April 3, 200818 yr Author Would a coaching change down there change anything with Singleton? Has he signed an LOI? If it is Grant, I don't think they lose anyone. But that just pure speculation...
April 3, 200818 yr I hope this doesn't happen. He'd have FSU battling for the top spot in the ACC within 3-5 years.
April 3, 200818 yr Author I hope this doesn't happen. He'd have FSU battling for the top spot in the ACC within 3-5 years. If not sooner. The guy will flat out get it done wherever he ends up climbing the ladder...
April 3, 200818 yr I hope this doesn't happen. He'd have FSU battling for the top spot in the ACC within 3-5 years. It would be a good battle between FSU and UNC.:thumb:
April 3, 200818 yr ^ Weak.....you know that Duke has been king of the ACC for most of the last decade.....again weak. Try again.
April 3, 200818 yr ^ Weak.....you know that Duke has been king of the ACC for most of the last decade.....again weak. Try again. I know that Duke has struggled royally lately and everyone knows this, as well.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.