Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

State Championship: Holmes/Mason County Predictions

Who will win the state championship tonight? 132 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win the state championship tonight?

    • Holmes
      59%
      78
    • Mason County
      40%
      54

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I think Holmes pulls this one out. As I've said the whole tournament, their depth and defense will be the two deciding factors. They have proved they can play with bigger teams (Lexcath) and be just as effective. Holmes will have to take better care of the ball though. I'm interested in seeing whether or not they press the whole game to try and take Miller out of the equation like they did Novosel earlier today.

 

Either way Miller will get his. The key is shutting down Setty and Middleton. Here are the match ups I look for:

 

5'11 Braeon Avery v 6'2 Keith Downing

6'1 Arrez Henderson v 6'3 Russ Middleton

6'4 Jeremiah Johnson v 6'7 Trevor Setty

6'5 Ricardo Johnson v 6'7 Darius Miller

6'4 Terrence Clark v 6'3 Ethan King

 

Once again though, don't be surprised to see Pittman in there a lot to give Holmes more height and an offensive spark off the bench. I personally wouldn't mind seeing Nelson guard Setty when he's in the game. Nelson is a very physical defender and I'm not sure Setty likes going against physical defenders where he is constantly pressured.

  • Replies 72
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Holmes pulls this one out. As I've said the whole tournament, their depth and defense will be the two deciding factors. They have proved they can play with bigger teams (Lexcath) and be just as effective. Holmes will have to take better care of the ball though. I'm interested in seeing whether or not they press the whole game to try and take Miller out of the equation like they did Novosel earlier today.

 

Either way Miller will get his. The key is shutting down Setty and Middleton. Here are the match ups I look for:

 

5'11 Braeon Avery v 6'2 Keith Downing

6'1 Arrez Henderson v 6'3 Russ Middleton

6'4 Jeremiah Johnson v 6'7 Trevor Setty

6'5 Ricardo Johnson v 6'7 Darius Miller

6'4 Terrence Clark v 6'3 Ethan King

 

Once again though, don't be surprised to see Pittman in there a lot to give Holmes more height and an offensive spark off the bench. I personally wouldn't mind seeing Nelson guard Setty when he's in the game. Nelson is a very physical defender and I'm not sure Setty likes going against physical defenders where he is constantly pressured.

 

 

Matchups make sense to me!

Lets go Dogs. NKY is already proud of what you have done in Lexington. Make us even more proud and win it all!!!

Setty should be able to play. I think they called it an "indirect technical" over the PA. Don't really know what that is, but sounds like something that would keep him in the game.

MC has struggled so far through the tournament and they have not seen a D like Holmes will bring. As long as the sophomores for Holmes keep up their play in this game I look for Holmes to pull this one out in a pretty tight game.

What time is tip off?

 

I think Holmes wins this one...I didn't know anything about them until the tourney started.From what I can tell is they are a very athletic and very quick...

And they seem to have the desire to win!

What time is tip off?

 

I think Holmes wins this one...I didn't know anything about them until the tourney started.From what I can tell is they are a very athletic and very quick...

 

8:00

 

Throw in that athleticism and quickness on the defensive side of the ball and it makes it even tougher for opposing teams.

MC has struggled so far through the tournament and they have not seen a D like Holmes will bring. As long as the sophomores for Holmes keep up their play in this game I look for Holmes to pull this one out in a pretty tight game.

 

Mason County didn't struggle to much last night I think they were up 37 points in the 3rd when they took their starters out.

Mason County didn't struggle to much last night I think they were up 37 points in the 3rd when they took their starters out.

 

They also weren't playing as good of a team defensively as Holmes or one that has the same size as Holmes.

I am going to go with Mason County

They also weren't playing as good of a team defensively as Holmes or one that has the same size as Holmes.

 

I realize that, but they far from struggled. They made a pretty good PT team look real bad.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.