Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

First #1 Team Out?

Which #1 seed will be the first to lose? 80 members have voted

  1. 1. Which #1 seed will be the first to lose?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Which number one seed will be out first? What team puts them out?

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to say Memphis, in the sweet 16, by Pitt.

I like Pitt or Michigan St. against Memphis...

 

I think Pitt's style will kill Memphis, and Izzo will be able to manipulate the way Memphis plays...

Memphis. As coach Ken Shields says, there are 2 things guaranteed an early death: Dogs that chase cars, and teams that can't shoot free throws.

Potential for #1's to lose (as I see it)...

 

North Carolina - Elite 8 vs. U of L or Tennessee

 

Kansas - Sweet 16 vs. Clemson, Elite 8 vs. Georgetown

 

Memphis - Sweet 16 vs. Pitt, Elite 8 vs. Texas or Stanford

 

UCLA - Sweet 16 vs. UConn

 

 

That's just my take...I voted Memphis, but I really don't expect a #1 to lose until the Elite 8. The potential Kansas vs. Clemson game is a scary one if Clemson keeps playing the way they did in the ACC Tournament. I think UCLA got the easiest and most favorable draw of all the top seeds...an inconsistent UConn poses the biggest threat to them, IMO. I really don't think Xavier, Duke or anyone else has the type of team to beat the Bruins.

I think UCLA can play down to their opponent's level sometime. I voted them.

It will probably be Memphis. Maybe I just don't have enough respect for them, but I think starting with the 2nd game they will play a team that can beat them. IMO this is the toughest bracket to project. I think any one of 5 teams (Texas, Mich St, Stanford, Memphis, or Pitt) could come out of here.

I have to go with Memphis in the Elite 8 against Pitt.

 

If not for Pitt's injuries they would be a potential 1 seed. Levance Fields in the lineup makes a huge difference for Blair and Young.

 

Indiana over North Carolina in the second round is a very good possibility as well though.

 

UCLA got the easiest draw. Kevin Love will eat Thabeet alive down low and their guards won't be able to play with the Bruins.

If Indiana comes to play like they are capable of playing then they could give No. Carolina a game, but if they don't they won't beat Arkansas. Those are alot of if's

I have to go with Memphis in the Elite 8 against Pitt.

 

If not for Pitt's injuries they would be a potential 1 seed. Levance Fields in the lineup makes a huge difference for Blair and Young.

 

Indiana over North Carolina in the second round is a very good possibility as well though.

 

UCLA got the easiest draw. Kevin Love will eat Thabeet alive down low and their guards won't be able to play with the Bruins.

 

I have UCLA winning that game too, but I don't know about all that now...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.