Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Black Magic

Featured Replies

Anyone watching this special on ESPN? It's pretty interesting stuff.

I watched a good bit of it last night. Really informative, great interviews, and I will be checking it out again tonight. :thumb:

 

Is tonight the last night of it?

I watched some of it. Seemed sort of redundant after a while. I wonder if they will highlight all of John Chaney's career, or choose to tell only part of the story:sssh:

We watched it last night and really enjoyed it. It was interesting that "Glory Road" ran against it.

They were making Cliff Hagan look pretty bad....

Very good documentary.

 

I guess it should not have but the part where the guy who was a grad student at Tennessee said that the whites were cheering and blowing their horns and waving the rebel flag when news of JFK's assassination hit was disconcerting.

Very good documentary.

 

I guess it should not have but the part where the guy who was a grad student at Tennessee said that the whites were cheering and blowing their horns and waving the rebel flag when news of JFK's assassination hit was disconcerting.

 

MLK?

Very good documentary. You had to feel bad for the players who were never given an opportunity, or if they were, weren't given a fair shake on the teams they were on.

Very good documentary.

 

I guess it should not have but the part where the guy who was a grad student at Tennessee said that the whites were cheering and blowing their horns and waving the rebel flag when news of JFK's assassination hit was disconcerting.

 

MLK?

 

No. It was JFK's. Those that cheered obviously did not like his and his brother's stand on the case with Gov Wallace and the University of Alabama.

 

They later showed a hand-painted sign making light of the assassination.

The first thing I thought of was my old Easton baseball bat I loved so well. It was hard to be the "Black Magic" back in the day.

No. It was JFK's. Those that cheered obviously did not like his and his brother's stand on the case with Gov Wallace and the University of Alabama.

 

They later showed a hand-painted sign making light of the assassination.

 

Yeah, that bothered me as well. And people wonder why I always throw a wet blanket on those "good 'ol days ..." threads over in GD.

 

You could certainly couch the controversy with Cliff Hagan and the others on the Hawks as they were just protecting their best interests and preserving their star status. But at the same time you can't help but note that it is one other person with an association to UK that has been cast in a racist light.

No. It was JFK's. Those that cheered obviously did not like his and his brother's stand on the case with Gov Wallace and the University of Alabama.

 

They later showed a hand-painted sign making light of the assassination.

 

OK. I couldn't understand why the white people would be cheering JFK's death. MLK made more sense at first glance.

  • Author
Very good documentary.

 

I guess it should not have but the part where the guy who was a grad student at Tennessee said that the whites were cheering and blowing their horns and waving the rebel flag when news of JFK's assassination hit was disconcerting.

 

The look on that guy's face as he told the story was powerful. He said he went to his dorm room and didn't come out for 4 days. He was still disgusted with the whole event as he thought back on it.

Really good documentary.

OK. I couldn't understand why the white people would be cheering JFK's death. MLK made more sense at first glance.

 

This shows how much history is suppressed . Always half truths taught.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.