Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alabama 80 Florida 69

Featured Replies

  • Author

Bama rolled over Florida in the opening round of the SEC tourney tonight :banana::banana:, not even Gottfried could keep his team from blowing a 23 point lead, Lord knows that he tried though. :lol:.

The Tide at one time held a 46-23 lead in this one. Florida cut it to 6 before Bama finished up pulling away.

When's the last time a reigning NCAA Champion didn't even make the tournament the year after?

I lost a little money on this game, but it was well worth every penney.

I enjoyed this game very much....

 

Now if we can only do something with Tebow?

Kansas I think.

 

That is correct. The 1988 Champions were 19-12 in 1989, but failed to make the tourney.

Hopefully this burst Florida's bubble AND convinced Bama to give Gottfried another year. I'd really like to see him remain on Bama's bench, they seem to have great talent each year and I'd hate for them to get a coach that could do some damage down there.

When's the last time a reigning NCAA Champion didn't even make the tournament the year after?

 

How about a two time defending champ?

How about a two time defending champ?

 

UCLA after winning back to back in 1964-1965, did not make the 1966 tourney. UCLA lost 8 games that year, one more than 1964, 1965, and 1967-1973 COMBINED.

And how many teams made the tourney way back then?

24 Teams.

 

 

Florida is the fourth repeat champ to miss the tourney the next year. Oklahoma A&M (OSU), Kentucky, and UCLA all missed after back to back titles. I don't know about Oklahoma A&M, but UK I believe was by choice. They played in the NIT that year despite winning the SEC.

Hopefully this convinced Bama to give Gottfried another year. I'd really like to see him remain on Bama's bench, they seem to have great talent each year and I'd hate for them to get a coach that could do some damage down there.

 

:madman::irked::fight::mad::argue:

Joe, I hope we play the Cats here in the next two days. We do play on 10-4...lets go together.

:madman::irked::fight::mad::argue:

 

I saw Gottfried at one point of the game and he had a look on his face that just basically said "I'm dumbfounded."

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.