Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If Mackey ends up playing basketball for UK

Reaction to Mackey 64 members have voted

  1. 1. Reaction to Mackey

    • Glad he was given a 2nd chance
      46%
      30
    • Yes!!!!
      7%
      5
    • Mad
      6%
      4
    • Disappointed
      39%
      25

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

To many second chances for these kind of offenses. Be responsible for his actions, try to go to school somewhere even if he doesn't play basketball and get his life back in order but to overlook his actions and force us ( the taxpayer ) to forgive it. Nah! I would rather foot the bill for the kid that missed getting into MIT by 3 points on his SAT or ACT.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind giving the kid a second chance especially if it's of the walk-on calliber. From what I have seen, read, and heard from Billy G, he isn't going to let anyone player damage the TEAM aspect. I think that in itself is the one big turnaround in this years team. If think about it, Billy G lost a couple of games being stubborn about doing it his way. The result has been winning lately and building a foundation of hard work and team work.

 

I don't think BCG offers Mackey a scholarship, but I would be willing to bet since he is a Kentucky kid, he has a great financial aid package put together. You get a top 40 player as a walk-on for one year, that is what you call great recruiting.

I think that Mackey neds to get some other petinent things settled first.

Hopefully, UK will look the other way and say "thanks but no thanks"

Glad that he gets a second chance, but only if it is a walk on situation.:D

I feel He should get a second chance...I agree with Wireman that he should have the chance to be a walk on,but with the opportunity for a scholarship his JR and Sr years...I hope this bad experience for Him has already changed him for the better...

I feel He should get a second chance...I agree with Wireman that he should have the chance to be a walk on,but with the opportunity for a scholarship his JR and Sr years...I hope this bad experience for Him has already changed him for the better...

 

I agree with not giving him a scholarship, but what's it going to hurt to add a walkon. If he screws up, bye bye. If he turns into a superstar and cleans up his personal life, then you have a gift.:ylsuper:

If he has no prior record, then I say give the kid a second chance....anywhere...but keep him on a short leash.

As many as it takes. You don't have to read em! :thumb:

 

 

As many as it takes for what?

 

First off, it's to bad the kid got himself in the situation he's in. Hate for it to happen to any kid, Kentucky born, or not. This kid got caught up with the wrong crowd, and made some horrible mistakes along the way. I would like to see him get a second chance some where. If it's UK I will be a little surprised, but not upset.

I think that Mackey neds to get some other petinent things settled first.

Hopefully, UK will look the other way and say "thanks but no thanks"[/quote

 

 

My feelings exactly.

As many as it takes for what?

 

First off, it's to bad the kid got himself in the situation he's in. Hate for it to happen to any kid, Kentucky born, or not. This kid got caught up with the wrong crowd, and made some horrible mistakes along the way. I would like to see him get a second chance some where. If it's UK I will be a little surprised, but not upset.

 

I believe he was actually born in Ohio....and went to school there until middle school.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.