Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott vs. Montgomery Co. (10th Region Semifinal)

Featured Replies

I watched the Augusta game and if they have the same ref [ NOT REFS ]as they did against Augusta.Scott wins and Stephens will watch from the bench. One ref called 8 out of the ten fouls on Augusta's big men. Not trying to say Augusta would have won but it did change the game. Also I was wondering if this same ref was working the GRC and Campbell game ?

  • Replies 58
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the Augusta game and if they have the same ref [ NOT REFS ]as they did against Augusta.Scott wins and Stephens will watch from the bench. One ref called 8 out of the ten fouls on Augusta's big men. Not trying to say Augusta would have won but it did change the game. Also I was wondering if this same ref was working the GRC and Campbell game ?

 

It was the same both ways, Scotts guards were getting questionable calls against them and if I am correct Scott actually had more fouls than Augusta. I will say this, I gurantee it is not the blow out most people are expecting, Carr has never lost a tourney game over 5 points.

How many Scott players fouled out? I am also wondering if the short ref with black hair went to high school around the 37th district? And by the way Augusta is out .I was just making a point that MC plays an inside game like Augusta and if they are going to call that many charges Stephens may not be able to play the whole game. Also it's not the amount of fouls it's who they are on.

I believe that official is from the 16th region originally. No he was not at Montgomery Co. on Wednesday.

I'm going to predict that Scott wins on a last second shot and wins by +1...

I think the game plan for the Indians is similiar to the one that they brought for the Pendleton game, feed the ball to the big fella in Stephens. If Stephens is not finishing, I like Scotts chances. Key in this game is rebounding the basketball and if your Scott High, you need to figure out a way to stay somewhat close in the rebounding margin with Montgomery County because the Indians are a team that will shoot until they make it if allowed. Should be a great semifinal game at MCHS Arena!

How many Scott players fouled out? I am also wondering if the short ref with black hair went to high school around the 37th district? And by the way Augusta is out .I was just making a point that MC plays an inside game like Augusta and if they are going to call that many charges Stephens may not be able to play the whole game. Also it's not the amount of fouls it's who they are on.

 

The only reason no Scott players fouled out is because the starters were out with 4 minutes to go in the 4th and Scott was going 10 deep throughout the game, something Augusta can't afford to do. When you drive in the lane with your head down out of control, any contact will go against the offense and about the amount of fouls, teams don't go in the bonus because their star players get in foul trouble, they go in the bonus because as a team they foul over 7 times. No matter who was officiating, Augusta was out manned, maybe if the game was close, but this one was over by half time. Scott was up 15 at half and by 21 3 minutes into the third.

I'm going to predict that Scott wins on a last second shot and wins by +1...

 

Mt. Sterling folks hopes that magic has been used up.

The game will be a good one. The home team will make the big shot to win it IMO.

I think the game plan for the Indians is similiar to the one that they brought for the Pendleton game, feed the ball to the big fella in Stephens. If Stephens is not finishing, I like Scotts chances. Key in this game is rebounding the basketball and if your Scott High, you need to figure out a way to stay somewhat close in the rebounding margin with Montgomery County because the Indians are a team that will shoot until they make it if allowed. Should be a great semifinal game at MCHS Arena!

 

The thing is though Scott has good inside game and rebounds the ball well with players like 6'4" Nikola Gligoravich and 6'6" O'Conner so I think that will help neutralize Stephens to a degree.

 

Stephens will get his points and boards but so will the other Scott boys. Should be a good game:thumb:

The thing is though Scott has good inside game and rebounds the ball well with players like 6'4" Nikola Gligoravich and 6'6" O'Conner so I think that will help neutralize Stephens to a degree.

 

Stephens will get his points and boards but so will the other Scott boys. Should be a good game:thumb:

 

Josh Clark v/s Nikola should be a great battle of two warriors.

I watched the Augusta game and if they have the same ref [ NOT REFS ]as they did against Augusta, Scott wins and Stephens will watch from the bench. One ref called 8 out of the ten fouls on Augusta's big men. Not trying to say Augusta would have won but it did change the game. Also I was wondering if this same ref was working the GRC and Campbell game ?

 

I believe that official is from the 16th region originally. No he was not at Montgomery Co. on Wednesday.

 

PointsInThePaint,

 

I'm no expert, but what I do know about officiating a basketball game is that sometimes the plays happen to go right into one officials lap for extended periods during the game. Did he get the calls right? If he did, then your criticism is unfounded. :sssh:

 

I think I know who this official was and I can tell you if it was him, he doesn't care who wins or loses.

 

IMOM,

 

You are correct, if we are talking about the same person. He originally grew up in the 16th Region, but has lived in central KY for quite a long time.

:thumb:

The only reason no Scott players fouled out is because the starters were out with 4 minutes to go in the 4th and Scott was going 10 deep throughout the game, something Augusta can't afford to do. When you drive in the lane with your head down out of control, any contact will go against the offense and about the amount of fouls, teams don't go in the bonus because their star players get in foul trouble, they go in the bonus because as a team they foul over 7 times. No matter who was officiating, Augusta was out manned, maybe if the game was close, but this one was over by half time. Scott was up 15 at half and by 21 3 minutes into the third.

 

Excellent post! :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Why haven't these two teams met yet?

 

Having seen both Montgomery and Scott, I'll go with Montgomery by around 10-15. Too deep and big for the Eagles to hang with the whole game.

Game is Tuesday at 8:30, Scott should bring more people, Wednesday at School will be rough.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.