Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pat Forde names BCG SEC coach of the year

Featured Replies

UK fan issues aside, do you consider BCG a strong SEC COY candidate?

I don't consider any coach outside of the state of Tennessee a strong candidate for SEC COY. I'll give you a darkhorse.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO Stallings and Pearl are the top 2 with everyone else being at least a notch or two below.

IMO Stallings and Pearl are the top 2 with everyone else being at least a notch or two below.

 

I wonder why some of you all mention Stallings as a candidate. Stallings is 4th in the SEC overall and behind Billy G and UK. As you said with Billy G. what has he done this year to warrant being SEC coach of the year.

 

The top 3 candidates IMO at this point should be:

 

Pearl

Stansbury (MSU Coach)

Billy G.

It's no secret that the players don't like him.

 

You don't play the way the players have been playing lately if you don't like the coach. They would run through a brick wall for BCG and I would even say they love him as a family member.

I don't consider any coach outside of the state of Tennessee a strong candidate for SEC COY. I'll give you a darkhorse.

 

IMO Stallings and Pearl are the top 2 with everyone else being at least a notch or two below.

 

Yes, but for as much of a homer as Pat Forde is, you two hate UK (or at least UK's fans).

 

If SEC Coach of the Year is based on performance during SEC play, then BCG is at least on the same level as those two.

 

Coming out of non-conference play, no one expected that the Cats would beat Vandy and Tenn (and take number 1 Tenn to the wire at home), have more then 10 SEC wins, and possibly make the SEC tourney. With Patterson, they would have a shot (albeit a fairly difficult one) to win the SEC tourney.

There is no need for a list. The award is Bruce Pearl's. Any other names are just being thrown out for the sake of mentioning them...

IMO Stallings and Pearl are the top 2 with everyone else being at least a notch or two below.

 

Are your red glasses like the 3-D ones that they gave you at the movies back in the day?:jump:

It's no secret that the players don't like him.

 

That was early in the season. They have now bought into his philosophy and there is nothing since early in the season that gives any validity to your statement.

Are your red glasses like the 3-D ones that they gave you at the movies back in the day?:jump:
...aren't those glasses half red and half blue?
It's no secret that the players don't like him.

 

Who? Dusty Mills and Alex Legion. Ramel Bradley and Joe Crawford have said on numerous occasions that they love BCG and said how much he has changed thier basketball careers for the better.

It's no secret that the players don't like him.

 

Man, thats funny because it seems to me the players play tier heart out game in and game out. Would you work your tail off for a coach you don't like? Hmmm...:confused:

Why can't they be playing their tails off for themselves? I know plenty of players that have worked hard and played with heart but hated their coach. I'm not saying one way or the other on the team's feelings of Billy Clyde (although IMO it's mixed... Legion and Mills aren't the only ones who haven't 110% sung his hosannas, but there are some that I think buy in completely.) I'm just saying that doesn't prove anything to me.

I don't consider any coach outside of the state of Tennessee a strong candidate for SEC COY. I'll give you a darkhorse.

 

Thanks i think i have a good shot at getting it to. :lol:

I wonder why some of you all mention Stallings as a candidate. Stallings is 4th in the SEC overall and behind Billy G and UK. As you said with Billy G. what has he done this year to warrant being SEC coach of the year.

 

The top 3 candidates IMO at this point should be:

 

Pearl

Stansbury (MSU Coach)

Billy G.

 

 

I agree.

If you consider the art of coaching, versus won-loss records, then I think Gillispie has a very legitimate shot. He reformed this team in his likeness, taking some lumps (which he could have easily avoided) along the early way. I disagree with those who say his players dislike him: all published accounts of late seem to point the other way. He has positioned UK basketball in good stead for the future. To me he has done an excellent job this year. I think you'll see him pass on some big-name recruits in favor of players who fit his mold of toughness and grit and family. Still though I think Pearl will be COY.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.