Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pat Forde names BCG SEC coach of the year

Featured Replies

It's no secret that the players don't like him.

 

Earlier in the year I would have agreed with you.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The SEC is way down from the previous two years.

He might have beat Vandy, but when was the last time UK got stomped into the mud by Vandy?

 

Injuries are part of the game... I don't think UK fans have been handing out much sympathy the past few years for Louisville when the Cards had the injury bug.

 

 

For the record, Pat Forde is one of the biggest homers in sports. I've even started threads about how (overly) complimentary he is of Louisville.

 

While I don't think BCG is the SEC COY, he is in the top 3 IMO.

While I don't think BCG is the SEC COY, he is in the top 3 IMO.

:thumb:

 

He makes a really good case. After the Spider Webb and San Diego game, I believe most would have been shocked if they got to 7 wins in conference, despite the weakness of the conference.

 

In all honesty, I still do not know how they have won 10 games in conference.

The SEC is way down from the previous two years.

He might have beat Vandy, but when was the last time UK got stomped into the mud by Vandy?

 

Injuries are part of the game... I don't think UK fans have been handing out much sympathy the past few years for Louisville when the Cards had the injury bug.

 

 

For the record, Pat Forde is one of the biggest homers in sports. I've even started threads about how (overly) complimentary he is of Louisville.

 

Not sure what UK fan's sympathy level for UofL have to do with BCG COY chances.

 

 

I agree that Forde can be overly complimentary of Louisville, but don't remember going overboard with praise of UK in the past.

Well UK went to the tourney last year....they may not go this year.....from the outside I find it hard to see BCG as a COY.

Wow, a Kentucky writer votes BCG coach of the year, shocker.

 

All my loyalties aside, what has he done to warrant it?

 

Hasn't he, if anything, not lived up to expectations, underachieved for a good portion of the season, and alienated his players?

 

The talent may not have been elite but they are not horrible!

 

SEC coach of the year is based on league play correct? So if that is true, how hasn't he done enough to be strongly considered for SEC coach of the year. Like it or not he has done a great job with this team in SEC play this year.

Not sure what UK fan's sympathy level for UofL have to do with BCG COY chances.

It wouldn't have anything to do with it, if being a bubble team with injuries weren't all of a sudden a sign that Billy Clyde is a mix of John Wooden and Bobby Knight instead of a pooh-poohed excuse from Louisville fans.

Well UK went to the tourney last year....they may not go this year.....from the outside I find it hard to see BCG as a COY.

Which is why he is not going to get the award. Forde's minutes are not your usual awards... Tyler Smith is his SEC POY, which most are not even considering. He makes cases for both.

 

Just like gametime picking Tubby Smith as coach of the year 3 seasons ago (is it sad I remember that) :D Not really candidates that are going to win the award, but one that makes an interesting argument for.

It wouldn't have anything to do with it, if being a bubble team with injuries weren't all of a sudden a sign that Billy Clyde is a mix of John Wooden and Bobby Knight instead of a pooh-poohed excuse from Louisville fans.

 

Who has claimed BCG is mix between Wooden and Knight? And being a bubble team is a lot further than this team was coming out of the non con schedule. Not sure why suggesting he has to least be mentioned in the SEC COY conversation bothers people. Forde thinks so and I don't think him of as a UK homer in any way, shape, or form.

Who has claimed BCG is mix between Wooden and Knight? And being a bubble team is a lot further than this team was coming out of the non con schedule. Not sure why suggesting he has to least be mentioned in the SEC COY conversation bothers people. Forde thinks so and I don't think him of as a UK homer in any way, shape, or form.
I have no problem with Forde mentioning him (I just think he's a homer, for both schools)... I'm talking about UK fans and the way they view this team.

Pearl willl most likely win the award and he is certainly deserving of it. However, Billy has turned this team around completely, and their conference record speaks for his work.

I have no problem with Forde mentioning him (I just think he's a homer, for both schools)... I'm talking about UK fans and the way they view this team.

 

UK fan issues aside, do you consider BCG a strong SEC COY candidate?

Pearl willl most likely win the award and he is certainly deserving of it. However, Billy has turned this team around completely, and their conference record speaks for his work.

 

:thumb:

(is it sad I remember that)

 

Yes... :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.