Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

16th Region Pairings

Featured Replies

OK Bonner can guard Euton but Sagraves/Barnhill couldn't what are you smoking?? Granted I only watched Bonner play twice this season but his defense was nothing compared to Sagraves physical ball denial or Barnhill's backside shot altering. East and possibly Raceland are the only teams equipped to throw Euton off of his game. Elliott could beat them easily if there on and Rose Hill isn't, but they clearly didn't have the size to guard him. Pettit has the size, but i don't think he could do anything on Dakota out of the paint. East defends the post better than anyteam in the region point blank, no questions asked. While East may not be the best team in the region, they are the best equipped to handle Rose Hill because of the post defense and I would think Drew Johnson and Bair would be able to contain Jackson as well as most players in the area.

For the sixteenth region you've got to look at it like this.

1. If Elliott is hot they win the title going away.

2. If they aren't hitting it would be because of Rose Hill's length, and Rose Hill would beat any other team in the tournement, outside of possibly East, imo.

3. While East is suited to handle Rose Hill, their lack of a true ball handler would hurt them against Elliott or Bath.

4. I think Bath would fair better against Elliott than Rose Hill at this point in the season. I don't see how they have handle Euton so well this season, they play hard but they aren't very tall.

5. Raceland is a scary matchup for ANYTEAM....they have a little bit of everything.

 

I say that...

East beats Raceland by 4

Bath beats Ashland by 10

Elliott beats Greenup by 40

Rose Hill beats Rowan by 15

 

then

East edges Bath by 2

Elliott gets revenge over the Hill by 6

 

and....

Elliott takes East by 1 in the championship.

I don't know if I believe what i said, but i did predict before the season that the 62nd district would win the 16th region and have another team in the final four....so i kinda have to root for East and Elliott.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Elliott gets beat bad. I don't like them..

 

I will probably go and watch the 16th region tournament though. Nothing else to do!

 

I figured those grapes would taste better with age. :thumb:

If the SV in your name stands for what I'm assuming there's no reason to hold a grudge over last season.

 

You are correct if you think the SV stands for Shelby Valley, but I hold no grudge over Elliott for the game last year. They did what they were supposed to do. I congrat them over the win and everything. It was the officiating that I disagreed with but nonetheless I hold no grudge from last year!

CatsCatsCats that is one way on looking and it is very good thinking. I like the out come of Elliott on top.

I figured those grapes would taste better with age. :thumb:

 

:lol:

 

 

It's nothing really with Elliott as a program or anything like that but it's really the people that say Elliott is some kind of all-star lineup. I just don't believe all the Elliott hype that everyone brings up and it just annoys me. That's why I love it when they lose. Brings everyone else back down to Earth. But like I said I'll be at the 16th region tournament to see what they do. Till then...:thumb:

:lol:

 

 

It's nothing really with Elliott as a program or anything like that but it's really the people that say Elliott is some kind of all-star lineup. I just don't believe all the Elliott hype that everyone brings up and it just annoys me. That's why I love it when they lose. Brings everyone else back down to Earth. But like I said I'll be at the 16th region tournament to see what they do. Till then...:thumb:

 

I'll agree, there are some on here that get carried away. I try to never build them up to be anything they aren't. Personally, I find some of the posts amusing. I just right it off as enthusiasm, and long suffering fans tasting a level of success never had before. Congrats, to the Valley on what has so far been a fine season also. :thumb:

I try to give them their just due. And most of the time like them to win by 32. YES:dancingpa

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.