Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

16th Region Pairings

Featured Replies

Maybe I am not very smart but why would being placed in the bracket opposite Rose Hill and Elliot County be a bad draw for Raceland?

 

Raceland has a very tough first round game with East. This is the regional tournament however and teams are going to have to play some other good teams at some point. That is why they have made it here :D.

East will be a tough matchup for sure, they are very good but if Raceland (and we are not bad ourselves) can get by East I certainly like our chances of getting in the finals and then anything can happen.

Overall I am not too upset at all with the draw that Raceland got, the Rams have a first round game with one of what I consider the favorites but imo the other two favs are in the opposite bracket.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brackets are available on the sports page of our website now.

 

http://www.wgohwugo.com

 

We will also have a half hour region preview special at 12:30 today on 102.3 and we will stream it on our website.

 

:thumb: Thanks G.R..

I do too, but I think Bath will win this one. Best of luck to all teams. I love 16th region basketball.

 

I am not making any pick right now but imo Bath could be a "sleeper" team in this tournament.

Tough draw for Elliott and Rose Hill being on the same side of the bracket, But, those other teams such as Bath and Ashland are happy. That should be a good first round game to watch.

Tough draw for Elliott and Rose Hill being on the same side of the bracket, But, those other teams such as Bath and Ashland are happy. That should be a good first round game to watch.

 

I dont believe that the Bath-Ashland game will even be close. I believe Bath sails to the Finals to compete against Elliott County if they can get by Rose Hill.

It will be tough , but that is what Elliott is made of toughness!

Draw looks pretty equal. Top bracket has #'s 3, 4 & 5 teams in the region while the bottom bracket features 1 & 2. If things work out, could very easily have an all "A" final. Elliott has the best record in the region while Rose Hill has claimed to have played the toughest schedule. My final has Raceland vs Elliott. Even though Rose Hill knocked off Elliott in the all "A" semi-finals, I feel Elliott will want revenge in Morehead. Raceland is playing well right now and has built a lot of confidence heading into regional play. So, get your tickets early and head on out to Morehead for what might be the best regional tournament in a couple of years.:dancingpa

 

Welcome to BGP RollTide and I like the way that you are thinking :thumb:. Hopefully that will be the case (at least the Raceland pick anyway :D). I don't know if I will be picking that or not but I have to like the way that you think.:lol:

I dont believe that the Bath-Ashland game will even be close. I believe Bath sails to the Finals to compete against Elliott County if they can get by Rose Hill.

 

This looks and sounds like bulletin board material to me. :D (j/k)

This looks and sounds like bulletin board material to me. :D (j/k)

 

I'll make sure it get there!

After seeing Ashland play last night, I'm not so sure that Bath has an easy game. I think there are a lot of matchup problems for Bath. If Thomas can guard Clemmons, I will really enjoy watching that matchup, Ashland can and probably will win.

Good luck to everyone, and I hope everybody is healthy and able to give their best in the tourney. Whoever wins will certainly have earned it because there are tough teams in every round.

 

For predictions, I think in the top part that Raceland is the darkhorse team that could make the finals if they are healthy. Otherwise it will be Bath Co.

The other side features the clash of the Titans, with Rose Hill and Elliott meeting in the second round (Man, would this game have made a big time final). I think Rose Hill prevails in this one again, thanks to a much tougher schedule which has them tournement ready.

I dont believe that the Bath-Ashland game will even be close. I believe Bath sails to the Finals to compete against Elliott County if they can get by Rose Hill.

 

Come regional tourney time, there isnt to many teams that sail to the finals. Although the bottom bracket features the top 2 teams, the upper bracket contains teams 3-6. The upper bracket will produce some really good games to watch as well, including both first round games. If the upper bracket doesnt beat up on each other and play each other into overtime games each night, I think any of the teams have a chance of playing in the finals and possibly making it to Rupp. Let the madness begin BABY!!!

:dancingpa:dancingpa

Why is everyone counting the Rams out so soon?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.