Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

#1 Seed Discussion

Featured Replies

There are several teams, with a legitimate chance for #1 Seed consideration. Also several games remaining, along with Tournaments.

 

We all know about proximity and rationale for selections but who are your teams, that could garner a #1 Seed and most likely will get it. Are there any other teams, we could consider beside these and which are your choice.

 

Tennessee

Memphis

North Carolina

UCLA

Texas

Kansas

Duke

Georgetown

Indiana

Stanford

  • Replies 43
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the only teams that have a shot are Tennessee, Memphis, UNC, UCLA, Duke, Texas, and Kansas.

 

After saying that, I believe it will be Memphis, UCLA, UNC/Duke, and Texas/Kansas.

 

For UT they would have to win out and win the SECt IMO. Then have both UNC and Duke to lose again and Texas/Kansas.

 

I'm still wavering about UCLA, UT may be able to steal it from them if the above scenarios doesn't happen.

I think your list looks good GRC.

Memphis

Duke/Carolina ACC Champ

Texas/Kansas Big 12 Champ

UCLA

How I think it is going to work out...

 

- Stanford or UCLA

- Memphis

- Kansas or Texas

- UNC or Duke

Still a lot of games to go but if the tourny was today:

 

Memphis

UNC

Tennessee

UCLA

Still a lot of games to go but if the tourny was today:

 

Memphis

UNC

Tennessee

UCLA

 

Agree....RIGHT NOW, I would go with these 4. Although, UCLA is #10 in the RPI. Texas would get the 4th #1 seed right now going strictly on the RPI.

Texas

Kansas

Memphis

UCLA

Stanford

UNC

Tennesse (imo Vandy may have eliminated them)

Georgetown

 

I believe that the final 4 #1 seeds will come from this list.

I also believe for whatever it is worth that Texas is playing better than anyone in the country "right now".

Memphis

NC

UCLA

Kansas/Texas

 

Whoever wins the Big 12 Tournament will get one...IMO it will be Kansas, or Texas.

Memphis

NC

UCLA

Kansas/Texas

 

Whoever wins the Big 12 Tournament will get one...IMO it will be Kansas, or Texas.

 

They'll will have to decide before that IF they both get to the finals. That is usually the final game of the day and runs right up to time of the selection show. They almost always say that the conference championship games on that day had no play in their decision.

Texas

Kansas

Memphis

UCLA

Stanford

UNC

Tennesse (imo Vandy may have eliminated them)

Georgetown

 

I believe that the final 4 #1 seeds will come from this list.

I also believe for whatever it is worth that Texas is playing better than anyone in the country "right now".

 

Be careful out there on that limb.... ;)

Kansas isn't playing like a #1 seed... that said the big 12 will get a #1, but Texas looks a lot better than them right now. I think Tennessee will get one because I think Stanford will beat UCLA. ACC gets one and NC is looking better than Duke right now. Memphis has one.

 

So... That said, I guess my current predictions for the ones would be:

UNC

Memphis

Texas

Tennessee

 

In that order.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.