Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top 5 programs in the mountains

Featured Replies

  • Replies 75
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At this point in time, yes ... Rockcastle hasn't been much of a factor the last two or three years.

 

2005:

Regional Champs: Had Lex Cath 21-20 at halftime in the semis: 11-3

2006:

Regional Runner Up: 11-2

I think your basing it on Rock's one sub par year 2007. The first one they have had in over 20+ years.

I have an official man-crush on Hatz. biggrin.gif

 

 

But Belfry still wins because 4 of their trips were in 3A.

 

Here is the math. :cool:

 

Belfry 4x3A=12 plus 2x2A=4, Total=16

Corbin 7x2A=14

Breathitt 3x3A=9

Pikeville 6x1A=6

 

:sssh: Don't let everyone know I'm just your alter ego. :thumb:

 

 

I can agree with the mathmatics of it, my big reason for pointing out the error was we too often forget other people's stats in order to push our own.

 

I'd probably rate Belfry as #1, Corbin #1B, and Breathitt & Pikeville as 2A and 2B.

 

Of course where would Lynch fit in all of these?

:sssh: Don't let everyone know I'm just your alter ego. :thumb:

 

 

I can agree with the mathmatics of it, my big reason for pointing out the error was we too often forget other people's stats in order to push our own.

 

I'd probably rate Belfry as #1, Corbin #1B, and Breathitt & Pikeville as 2A and 2B.

 

Of course where would Lynch fit in all of these?

 

It had not so much to do with boosting my own teams stats as just blatantly being blind as I looked at the chart HAHA.... I completely didn't even look at the times Corbin won the state title.

2005:

Regional Champs: Had Lex Cath 21-20 at halftime in the semis: 11-3

2006:

Regional Runner Up: 11-2

I think your basing it on Rock's one sub par year 2007. The first one they have had in over 20+ years.

 

Very true 3wishes. This guy must not get out and watch much football.

Rockcastle just had a subpar year and lost their longtime coach ... that's why I rated them below some people. And, as I said, my ratings were based on how things are at this point in time. If I was rating on the last 5-10 years, I would have rated them higher.

2006:

Regional Runner Up: 11-2

I think your basing it on Rock's one sub par year 2007. The first one they have had in over 20+ years.

Rockcastle won a weak district in 2006 and was thumped by Johnson Central in the regional finals, then had a subpar year.

 

I stand corrected ... they haven't been much of a factor the last two years.

Rockcastle won a weak district in 2006 and was thumped by Johnson Central in the regional finals, then had a subpar year.

 

I stand corrected ... they haven't been much of a factor the last two years.

Beating Bell County twice...:confused:

Losing on PAT's to Lincoln County and defeating Harrison County and the rest of their schedule. Knox and Southern were not that weak last year.

As to your point I think Corbin would rank ahead of Russell considering the scope and history of the program. While Russell has a strong tradition and 2 titles, Corbin has won 3 KHSAA playoffs and appeared in the finals at other times. The Hounds are usually in the mix of their Region and area most years and the state some years.

 

How many titles does Corbin have?

In Rockcastle Co.'s defense, its awfully tough to win it all when you are in a class with Lex. Cath and Highlands. If they had been in 2A they would have some rings to thier credit.

Beating Bell County twice...:confused:

Losing on PAT's to Lincoln County and defeating Harrison County and the rest of their schedule. Knox and Southern were not that weak last year.

And were any of those teams very good?
In Rockcastle Co.'s defense, its awfully tough to win it all when you are in a class with Lex. Cath and Highlands. If they had been in 2A they would have some rings to thier credit.
How many times has LexCath and Highlands gotten between Rockcastle and a state title? Maybe once in recent years, in 2005 ...

 

Of course, they had 3A numbers, so they would have had an advantage in 2A.

How many times has LexCath and Highlands gotten between Rockcastle and a state title? Maybe once in recent years, in 2005 ...

 

Of course, they had 3A numbers, so they would have had an advantage in 2A.

 

Highlands defeated them twice in the finals. Lex. Cath. has tripped them up in the playoffs several times in the past. I hear what you are saying about numbers, what I was saying is that with the exception of X and Trinity, those are the premier programs in the State.

Correction, Boyle Co. beat them once in the finals.

And were any of those teams very good?

 

Is that a serious question? When is Lex Cath or Bell EVER bad?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.