Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If you had one wish who......

Featured Replies

Tommy Hutton from the 14th is pretty good nut don't want him if I am playing Hazard.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the 10th & 11th use the same officials, I'm going to name 6:

Bo Queen, Cary Lyle, Bart Lenox

Royce Blevins, Kirk Hudson, John Chamberlain (I know he's not officiating this year, but since we're wishing....)

 

 

Add Walter and Werner from MCPAPA to this list and you have the elite who only care about the elite.

If I were a big powerhouse school any of this crew we have me grinnin' from ear to ear. However, down in the real world where some of us get enough talent together to win a district title or at least a trip to the region those are the worst names to hear. I would much rather prefer some of the better referees who give it their all no matter where they are at that night. My names would be J.T. Taylor, Ken Catron, and Tom Mitchell. (wish list also)

 

:flame:

 

Sorry, I could not get my edit button to come up. This is what I meant it to say.

I think I just vomited it my mouth when I read these 3 names. I would put the team back on the bus and head back home if these 3 walked through the door.

 

:laugh::thumb: Couldn't agree more! But be careful what you say. I don't think the mods like it when you criticize refs calling them by name.:sssh:

:laugh::thumb: Couldn't agree more! But be careful what you say. I don't think the mods like it when you criticize refs calling them by name.:sssh:

 

I never said names, just disagreed with a previous poster. If I had to pick 3, I would go with Kirk Hudson, Royce Blevins and Ken Catron.

From the 16th region-

 

NO ONE !!!!!!!!!!I would rather eat glass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE]

 

King, I couldn't agree with you more. I feel the same way about the refs in the 10th & 11th region. Some used to be pretty good or even tolerable. However so many have developed such large chips on their shoulders and ego's that make it difficult for them to listen or communicate with coaches at all. They have elevated themselves to the know-it-all status and how dare anyone question their all-knowing powers! It seems like so many of them enter the gym with a pre-determined judgement on who should win, how quick they are going to snap when a coach would dare question them, and which players are going to get the calls that night. It makes me sick to see certain ones enter the gym. You can already tell what kind of night it is going to be 1 hour before tip-off!

:eek:

From the 16th region-

 

NO ONE !!!!!!!!!!I would rather eat glass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE]

 

King, I couldn't agree with you more. I feel the same way about the refs in the 10th & 11th region. Some used to be pretty good or even tolerable. However so many have developed such large chips on their shoulders and ego's that make it difficult for them to listen or communicate with coaches at all. They have elevated themselves to the know-it-all status and how dare anyone question their all-knowing powers! It seems like so many of them enter the gym with a pre-determined judgement on who should win, how quick they are going to snap when a coach would dare question them, and which players are going to get the calls that night. It makes me sick to see certain ones enter the gym. You can already tell what kind of night it is going to be 1 hour before tip-off!

 

Daddy, Maybe you should ask the 10th & 11th coaches as to who they would rather have than the Bluegrass Basketball Association Officials, who service the 10th & 11th, or any other regions officials. I am sure that if you do, they will say they want the BBA. They have voted since 1993 to keep the BBA in region rather than to swap out with another region. Try not to cut your throat when you swollow that glass.:eek:Looks like your going to keep seeing them.The powers to be don't want anybody else but the BBA.:lol:

:eek:

 

Daddy, Maybe you should ask the 10th & 11th coaches as to who they would rather have than the Bluegrass Basketball Association Officials, who service the 10th & 11th, or any other regions officials. I am sure that if you do, they will say they want the BBA. They have voted since 1993 to keep the BBA in region rather than to swap out with another region. Try not to cut your throat when you swollow that glass.:eek:Looks like your going to keep seeing them.The powers to be don't want anybody else but the BBA.:lol:

 

Hands down and no question the officials in the BBA are the best. If you had the coaches vote on whether to switch or not, there would be only one region that the 10th would agree to switch with. And that would be the 11th.:D

Hands down and no question the officials in the BBA are the best. If you had the coaches vote on whether to switch or not, there would be only one region that the 10th would agree to switch with. And that would be the 11th.:D

 

Nice post could not agree with you more...:thumb::thumb:

From the 16th region-

 

NO ONE !!!!!!!!!!I would rather eat glass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My wish would be to play with refs from any other region than the 16th. I wouldn't even be picky about who they were!

 

Your wish has been granted..........you will see officials from another region come regional tournament time.

Your wish has been granted..........you will see officials from another region come regional tournament time.

 

I still can't believe regions switch officials for there post season play. Can someone explain the thought process behind this?

I still can't believe regions switch officials for there post season play. Can someone explain the thought process behind this?

 

 

I think Greenhill and Hall get tired of eating in Morehead. :lol:

From the 16th region-

 

NO ONE !!!!!!!!!!I would rather eat glass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE]

 

King, I couldn't agree with you more. I feel the same way about the refs in the 10th & 11th region. Some used to be pretty good or even tolerable. However so many have developed such large chips on their shoulders and ego's that make it difficult for them to listen or communicate with coaches at all. They have elevated themselves to the know-it-all status and how dare anyone question their all-knowing powers! It seems like so many of them enter the gym with a pre-determined judgement on who should win, how quick they are going to snap when a coach would dare question them, and which players are going to get the calls that night. It makes me sick to see certain ones enter the gym. You can already tell what kind of night it is going to be 1 hour before tip-off!

 

:laugh: Maybe you should convince the coaches of the 10th & 11th that the BBA are so egotistical, And the boulders are so big on their shoulders, they can't run the floor and get into position to make the correct calls. They should vote the BBA out of the regions for a change and let the better officials from all the other regions come in here and work. WON'T HAPPEN!!!!!! Coaches all over both regions, 10th & 11th ONLY WANT BBA OFFICIALS for their regional ballgames. Too many coaches say they are the best in the state..:p:lol:

We need to remember these 16th region posters who are down on the officials in the 16th and see how happy they are after regionals. Say what you want but every region calls a little bit different, I think it is going to be awful to play the same way all year and then have to make major adjustments to your playing style when it is do or die.

We need to remember these 16th region posters who are down on the officials in the 16th and see how happy they are after regionals. Say what you want but every region calls a little bit different, I think it is going to be awful to play the same way all year and then have to make major adjustments to your playing style when it is do or die.

 

This is exactly why the 10th & 11th coaches do not like to switch with another region. Several coaches have voiced displeasure in the fact that others call differently

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.