Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If you had one wish who......

Featured Replies

Lyle is my favorite referee. He comes with the hair slicked back and hes ready to go! I think he does a very good job. I also like Bo Queen pretty good as well.

 

You must be from the 11th region. He would be at the bottom of my list from region 10. Another one that I wouldn't want to see come through the door is Hudson. I've seen these 2 ref numerous games with different teams involved in the 10th region and just haven't been impressed. I just like to watch good basketball games and don't really have a specific team I root for. I have seen a couple of good refs though but I can't remember their names. I was impressed with a woman I saw from the 16th region.

 

I've known Jerry Thornsbury for years. He usually does a great job! His son Eric isn't too bad as well. :thumb:

  • Replies 66
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh::laugh: If your going back that far bring back Warren Cooper and Marvin Moore:lol::lol:

Marvin Moore you have got to be kidding. He T'd me up once for handing him the ball to hard:sssh:I swear I wasn't trying to hit him in the back with it.:laugh:

 

 

I still have bad memories of his officiating the championship game of the 1983 regional tournament at Hazard. One of the few times our small school (Owsley) had a chance to make it to Rupp (29-5 that season). One player for Breathitt shot 21 free throws and made 19 of them and scored 39 points (their team shot 29 FT). Our entire team only shot 11 free throws for the night. And they pressed the whole night and we played 2/3 zone. 5 point loss still hurts.

You must be from the 11th region. He would be at the bottom of my list from region 10. Another one that I wouldn't want to see come through the door is Hudson. I've seen these 2 ref numerous games with different teams involved in the 10th region and just haven't been impressed. I just like to watch good basketball games and don't really have a specific team I root for. I have seen a couple of good refs though but I can't remember their names. I was impressed with a woman I saw from the 16th region.

 

I've known Jerry Thornsbury for years. He usually does a great job! His son Eric isn't too bad as well. :thumb:

 

Why do you say this SugarDaddy. I have talked to several coaches in both regions and most have him rated really high..They know what they are going to get from him..A FAIR GAME....Either for or against he blows what he sees and advantage/disadvantage is what the coaches like. That is what he brings to the gym every night. I watched him work several games at the Montgomery Co. Tourney and the Ky Prep classic..I must say I do not know why you would not want him on the games. :confused:He does a solid Job..

 

Went to watch Scott Co. and Bryan Station and he was on that game..

Cary Lyle was also on that game. Both did a super job. Let the kids play. Let the TALENT shine for both teams. Hardly knew they were there.

 

Anytime I have seen these two work together, It has been a big game and they let the kids shine.:thumb:

I totally agree with you. These guys come to the gym and work hard every night:thumb:

 

Lyle is my favorite referee. He comes with the hair slicked back and hes ready to go! I think he does a very good job. I also like Bo Queen pretty good as well.

 

Great post and great reply. Others I would add, Bart Lenox and John Chamberlain when he comes back:thumb::thumb:

9th Region: Jon Campbell, Tim O'Hara and Bob Burkart or Bob Cole.

From the 16th region-

 

NO ONE !!!!!!!!!!I would rather eat glass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My wish would be to play with refs from any other region than the 16th. I wouldn't even be picky about who they were!

 

Get off your can and do something about it if you don't think the officials are up to par in the 16th. Get pro-active!! Do somethig about it!! Come on out and put the stripes on for a bit and teach them how to do things right. :rolleyes:

I think problems will arise from officials not knowing coaches demeanors on the sidelines, I can see certain getting T'd up for actions that they do all the time.

 

But on the flip side, maybe they should have been T'd up all year for those actions but because the coach knows the officials and he/she thinks that they can get away with a little bit more with someone they know and are familiar with and they don't get the "T" when in normal circumstances they would have beed assessed.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.