Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville 59 Georgetown 51

Featured Replies

Great win. Second half was awesome. They held them to 20 second half points. The only scored 13 the first 17 minutes of the half. What I am excited about they took good 3 point shos.

 

I wished DC would have played a little more. But I know Padgett was playing his tail off.

  • Replies 57
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looked like a really cool atmosphere...UL does a nice job with their "white-outs" and "black out" themes.

Do they give shirts or sell shirts as people come in for those games?

 

Excellent effort by the Cards.

 

The run for the BE crown should be interesting.

 

I saw Pitino's suit and busted out laughing.

Was that the Colonel Sanders look? Or was it Boss Hawg at the Boar's Nest after a year on Atkins Diet?

 

We fans purchased the shirts ahead of time @ $10 each at the J.D. Becker sports' stores. Also $2 of each sale went toward the Daniel Pitino Foundation which I thought was a very nice gesture. So the "white-out" idea not only showed solidarity among us fans, it proved Pitino was a good sport and willing to endorse the idea by wearing white. He said that the only reason he changed suits was because he spilled Diet Pepsi on it during half-time or he would have worn it for the entire game. So much for the spin by the media that he changed suits to fire up the players in the second half for the win. I think the players' defense took care of that. Go Cards!

So Benedict really changed suits at halftime?

 

 

What a Slug.

 

:laugh:

The Cards have a shot to be #2 seed in the NCAA if they continue their solid play.

We fans purchased the shirts ahead of time @ $10 each at the J.D. Becker sports' stores. Also $2 of each sale went toward the Daniel Pitino Foundation which I thought was a very nice gesture. So the "white-out" idea not only showed solidarity among us fans, it proved Pitino was a good sport and willing to endorse the idea by wearing white. He said that the only reason he changed suits was because he spilled Diet Pepsi on it during half-time or he would have worn it for the entire game. So much for the spin by the media that he changed suits to fire up the players in the second half for the win. I think the players' defense took care of that. Go Cards!

 

My thoughts exactly. The coach has lots of influence on the mood of the crowd. The whole team came out ready to play in the second half. You could see it....the CARDS wanted to win this one. :banana::banana:

I wished DC would have played a little more. But I know Padgett was playing his tail off.
I was glad to see him get limited minutes this game. He just doesn't have the defense yet to play with Hibbert and his shots haven't been falling much this year even though he's got the moves. I would honestly rather have Clark guarding Hibbert than Caracter, he's just as long and he's a better shot blocker.
I was glad to see him get limited minutes this game. He just doesn't have the defense yet to play with Hibbert and his shots haven't been falling much this year even though he's got the moves. I would honestly rather have Clark guarding Hibbert than Caracter, he's just as long and he's a better shot blocker.

 

 

I worry about Padgett and his health down the stretch.

I worry about Padgett and his health down the stretch.

Granted he scares me when he runs so much and dives for every lose ball but he starting to jump as well as I've seen in 2 years. I don't think it's going to be a problem, I think he wants a deep NCAA tournament run more than anyone in the country right now. His desire is unmatched imo.

I was at this game and WOW!!!! It was so cool to walk-in to all that white!

Way to come back in the 2nd half Cards! :ylsuper::ylsuper:

 

Other side notes:

- Slick Rick...nice suit! :lol::lol::lol: Glad you changed. Next time don't wear blue underwear.

- To the people that sit around us in lower level areas..I am so proud that you actually got up and cheered instead of acting like you were watching golf! :lol::lol::lol:

In case you didn't know, David Padgett broke his knee cap and made a quick recovery earlier this year. Also, Rick Pitino changed from a white to a black suit in the 2nd half....just in case you didn't hear either of these things the 50 times they were mention during the broadcast....seriously, Dick and EA, find more than one topic per half to talk about.

How did Georgetown manage to only shoot 4 FT's in this game?

How did Georgetown manage to only shoot 4 FT's in this game?

 

IMO, Hibbert didn't get enough touches, and when he did he made quick, turn around shots. Didn't really give UL the opportunity to foul down low.

Let me just say... it was a wild game to see in person. There were some nervous moments, but the crowd stayed up. When Louisville was backdooring Georgetown, the current champions of the Princeton (or their variation of it, anyway) the crowd was going nuts. And Jerry's threes brought the house down.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.