February 9, 200818 yr Author While The T on Gottfried (or Got Fired as we will soon be calling him) was justified, he had a right to complain... The refs definitely made the wrong call and it should've been possession Alabama.
February 9, 200818 yr :confused::confused: Ugly Loss??.:sssh::lol:.............. U.K. Won. I can't be too upset...Bama did have the #1 recruiting class in football!!!
February 9, 200818 yr While The T on Gottfried (or Got Fired as we will soon be calling him) Lets hope so!
February 9, 200818 yr While The T on Gottfried (or Got Fired as we will soon be calling him) was justified, he had a right to complain... The refs definitely made the wrong call and it should've been possession Alabama. Your right they did make the wrong call it was a foul on the Bama Player :thumb:
February 9, 200818 yr While The T on Gottfried (or Got Fired as we will soon be calling him) was justified, he had a right to complain... The refs definitely made the wrong call and it should've been possession Alabama. I am assuming the did change the call because Alabama got the ball after the technical free throws. Also, I thought in college, regardless of the play, the team who shoots the free throws gets the ball back as well. As for the game, UK is playing great defense. Its very exciting to see the group coming together and playing that well. As long as the offense keeps coming around, I look for UK to really finish the SEC schedule strong.
February 9, 200818 yr Author I am assuming the did change the call because Alabama got the ball after the technical free throws. Also, I thought in college, regardless of the play, the team who shoots the free throws gets the ball back as well. As for the game, UK is playing great defense. Its very exciting to see the group coming together and playing that well. As long as the offense keeps coming around, I look for UK to really finish the SEC schedule strong. Ahh, 'Bama got it afterwards? I was out of the room after the shots so I didn't catch that.
February 9, 200818 yr I think the T rule in college is a Point of Interruption type foul. You shoot the Ts then resume play where it was when the T occurred.
February 9, 200818 yr As for the game, UK is playing great defense. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that Billy G. seemed to change up his defensive philosphy from earlier in the season? If people remember earlier in the season Billy G had the players playing tight defense as soon as the ball got over half court, and it kept making our guys get beat off the dribble. However since SEC play it seems like he has had the guys lay off a little bit, and wait till they get a little close before he has the players get tight defensive pressure on them, which has cut down on getting beat off the dribble as much. That change IMO has been the biggest reason for the improvement to our defense, because earlier in the year we were just getting killed off the dribble.
February 9, 200818 yr Good win for the Cats today! They are gaining some steam and a lot of momentum on their side.
February 9, 200818 yr Once again another pathetic showing from the UK fans at Rupp. For having 24,000 almost every game it is ridiculous how quiet the place usually is. I mean we were up 4 at one point in the second half, and Stevenson dunks the ball and the crowd only cheers for one second then gets quiet again even though Alabama didn't do anything on the other end. I always watch all these other games on tv, and the home crowd always seem to be in it for the whole game and just not at spurts like here at Rupp...
February 9, 200818 yr Now as for the game it was another good win. Hopefully we can start to get our offense going a little bit better now though, since we will be starting to play some better offensive teams here soon.
February 9, 200818 yr Thank God thats over. That was ugly. I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss. :thumb:
February 9, 200818 yr Another ugly game, but they are winning games that they were losing early in the year. They are beating teams they are supposed to beat. Their last three wins have come over teams with RPI's well over the 100's. Then again, they lost to some of those teams early. The 2nd half of the conference schedule will get tougher, they will still need a couple wins in the SEC tournament to get on the bubble.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.