Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"He LIFTED his Pivot Foot!!!!"

Featured Replies

Hello! It doesn't say anything about jumping. It says leaving the floor. So, if you don't jump the only other option is to stand on your other foot.

 

A step is a two part process. You pick it up and you put it DOWN. If you only pick it up and do NOT put it back down, it's NOT a travel...

 

I was simply providing a definition.

  • Replies 174
  • Views 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was simply providing a definition.

 

I know, but your still disputing it. Thus far you've provided a few definitions and rules that have supported cshs' initial argument. I'm just trying to point it out...:D

I know, but your still disputing it. Thus far you've provided a few definitions and rules that have supported cshs' initial argument. I'm just trying to point it out...:D

 

I'm not disputing anything, I'm celebrating :dancingpa

I'm not disputing anything, I'm celebrating :dancingpa

 

:lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

 

I'm going to take a break at work and WALK to the restroom :jump:

I'm going to take a break at work and WALK to the restroom :jump:

 

From the looks of it, you've been walking for 25 years and didnt' even know it...:banana::banana:

I'm going to take a break at work and WALK to the restroom :jump:

Be careful not to stand like a stork!!

Be careful not to stand like a stork!!

 

I'd hover...

I'd hover...

 

Well, I tried to hover buy my pivot foot kept getting in the way :ylsuper:

Question for everyone, wouldn't the scenario that were talking about be the same reason why a player gets an extra step for a running shot, layup, or pass?

You can't establish a pivot foot and then change to the other foot while holding the ball. Here is straight out of the rulebook:

 

Traveling: A violation occurring when a player with the ball takes a step without dribbling (moving the established pivot foot).

 

Say what you want, Wireman is right. Once a pivot foot, always a pivot foot.:walk:

Question for everyone, wouldn't the scenario that were talking about be the same reason why a player gets an extra step for a running shot, layup, or pass?

 

Kind of. Let's say you're right handed. You're going in for a layup, so you pick up your dribble plant your right foot, step with your left, and you go off that foot for the layup. When you plant your right foot, that basically becomes your pivot foot as it's the first foot to contact the ground when you pick up your dribble. You then step with the left foot and pick up your right foot to go up for the shot. You can stop on that left foot without shooting, but you cannot put that right foot down as it would be a travel. Therefore, you'd have to stand their like a stork. :D Basically, there's no 'extra' step awarded when going in for a layup.

Kind of. Let's say you're right handed. You're going in for a layup, so you pick up your dribble plant your right foot, step with your left, and you go off that foot for the layup. When you plant your right foot, that basically becomes your pivot foot as it's the first foot to contact the ground when you pick up your dribble. You then step with the left foot and pick up your right foot to go up for the shot. You can stop on that left foot without shooting, but you cannot put that right foot down as it would be a travel. Therefore, you'd have to stand their like a stork. :DBasically, there's no 'extra' step awarded when going in for a layup.

 

Except in the NBA.:lol:

Except in the NBA.:lol:

 

:laugh: True.

If you pick up your pivot foot and do not perform some type of basketball move (pass or shot) you have changed your pivot foot (doesn't matter when it touches again). You must have your pivot foot in contact with floor unless it is a pass or shot. Just standing like a stork is not a basketball move therefore a travel. 99.9% of the officials will call a travel on that effort.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.