Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"He LIFTED his Pivot Foot!!!!"

Featured Replies

The next time you're at a game and you get ready to yell the above, I want you to pause and then think about what you're actually saying.

 

I'm always amazed at how often I hear people yell this at refs.

  • Replies 174
  • Views 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The next time you're at a game and you get ready to yell the above, I want you to pause and then think about what you're actually saying.

 

I'm always amazed at how often I hear people yell this at refs.

 

I have yelled he dragged his pivot foot, because you can do that and it happens and is a walk!

The next time you're at a game and you get ready to yell the above, I want you to pause and then think about what you're actually saying.

 

I'm always amazed at how often I hear people yell this at refs.

 

And what are you actually saying? Please clarify.

And what are you actually saying? Please clarify.

 

You can lift it, you just can't put it back down. I believe.

You can lift it, you just can't put it back down. I believe.

 

You can't lift your pivot foot. Once you have the ball and have established a pivot foot, the only thing you can do is turn. If you lift it, move it, or slide it - its a walk.

You can't lift your pivot foot. Once you have the ball and have established a pivot foot, the only thing you can do is turn. If you lift it, move it, or slide it - its a walk.

 

 

Don't they lift it when they jump to shoot?

You can't lift your pivot foot. Once you have the ball and have established a pivot foot, the only thing you can do is turn. If you lift it, move it, or slide it - its a walk.

 

I'm gonna have to disagree.

  • Author
You can't lift your pivot foot. Once you have the ball and have established a pivot foot, the only thing you can do is turn. If you lift it, move it, or slide it - its a walk.

 

Don't they lift it when they jump to shoot?

 

Wireman, see LRCW's response. If your version was right, basketball would be a game of set shots.

 

From the rulebook:

 

Once the pivot foot is established, it can be lifted but not returned to the floor before the ball is released.

Wireman, see LRCW's response. If your version was right, basketball would be a game of set shots.

 

From the rulebook:

 

Once the pivot foot is established, it can be lifted but not returned to the floor before the ball is released.

 

The statement to end it all. Too bad, I was having fun listening to the arguing go on.:argue:

The next time you're at a game and you get ready to yell the above, I want you to pause and then think about what you're actually saying.

I'm always amazed at how often I hear people yell this at refs.

 

So what are you amazed about and what are you actually saying?

  • Author
So what are you amazed about and what are you actually saying?

 

Well, I guess I'm always amazed at how many people yell that(and then get on here and say how bad the refs are) without knowing that its legal.

 

Isn't that obvious?

Yep....

How about people that scream and holler regarding over and back.

People don't understand that either....

can anyone tell me why a "jump-stop" is not a walk???

can anyone tell me why a "jump-stop" is not a walk???

 

There's a move that Darius Miller has perfected. I hear howls from the other side of the gym every time he does it!

So what are you amazed about and what are you actually saying?

 

If you read between the lines, you realize what cshs is saying. He's a geek...:D

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.