Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Garrard County Coaching Situation

Featured Replies

Has Coach Stonebreaker resigned? That is the word on the street but I can't confirm it.

  • Replies 129
  • Views 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Advocate-Messenger has he story tonight that he resigned

  • Author

LANCASTER - Citing family health issues along with having a 1-year-old son, Garrard County football coach Steve Stonebraker resigned Wednesday.

 

 

"I talked to the kids today and told them that I was not going to be back," said Stonebraker Wednesday. "I will also be talking to some of the folks in the community who have greatly helped me in my time here. There are so many of them. I will be meeting with our parent boosters Thursday night and get some things squared away for the new coach."

 

From the Advocate-Messenger.

  • Author

I am pulling for Lincoln County Alum and current Garrard assistant, Chris Cooper ('89), to get this job.

Coop will do a great job and desreves the shot if he wants it.

Somewhat shocking.....

 

It would be nice to see Cooper get a shot at it

I agree. It would be great to see Coop have a shot at it.

Jerry Perry

Jeff Hester

Mark Scenters

Bill Curry

Do you think Bobby Knight would consider coaching football?

Sorry for the lateness of the post. I spoke with an assistant coach yesterday that told me Coach Stonebraker was resigning. I also spoke with someone from the paper who confirmed it. Apparently Stonebraker has some good options as an offensive coordinator. Best of luck to him.

 

As for who the next head coach will be, I'd definitely say it's up in the air. I've heard that Garrard County isn't planning on posting the position until after spring practice. The hope would be that the school district would be proactive in their search for a coach, but nothing in their history says that they will.

 

The job is pretty appealing. Garrard is one of the faster-growing counties in the state, which is bringing quite a few kids into the building. They play in a fairly weak 3A district which should mean competitiveness on a yearly basis. And apparently the pay is okay...not "Boyle/Morriss" level, but okay!

 

I would expect to hear some names tossed about over the next month. Jerry Perry, who went 65-18 during a seven year run at Garrard in the '90s, will most certainly be mentioned. I wouldn't be surprised if he returned. Mike Settles, currently coaching at Bullitt East and being mentioned for Lincoln, might also be a possibility. He was a finalist when Stonebraker was hired. Certainly some assistant coaches will want to take their shot at a job.

 

As for current assistants, I can't see Cooper getting the job. I would imagine the district will want to step outside of the current coaching tree because the two top branches seemed to have little control over the last couple years. I don't think any other assistants would want the head coach position, although they likely would remain on staff.

 

All in all, it should be an interesting couple of months. Hopefully it will result in a wise choice by the folks at Garrard County.

I think Bobby Knight has as good of a shot being named the head coach as some of those mentioned on this post.

I think Bobby Knight has as good of a shot being named the head coach as some of those mentioned on this post.

 

????????????????:confused:

I think Bobby Knight has as good of a shot being named the head coach as some of those mentioned on this post.

 

Wh..wh...what?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.