Best Garth Brooks song

ladiesbballcoach

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sick and don't have the energy. Suffice to say it's because both have achieved at the highest levels of sucktivity.

Can you sum up your taste in music or something? Apparently you're very opinionated when it comes to music, and I'm the same exact way. I personally love hating mainstream music when the artists don't have any serious talent, but Garth and The Eagles are quite talented. I just kind of want to know what constitutes good music for you...

I have always liked "Cheyenne". A reminder to think before you say something you'll have to live with the rest of your life.

Cheyenne is a George Strait song. "He said I'm sorry its come down to this, there's so much about you that I'm gonna miss, but its alright baby if I hurry I can still make Cheyenne, gotta go now baby if I hurry I can still make Cheyenne."

My favorite Garth songs are "The Dance" and "That Summer".

Cheyenne is a George Strait song. "He said I'm sorry its come down to this, there's so much about you that I'm gonna miss, but its alright baby if I hurry I can still make Cheyenne, gotta go now baby if I hurry I can still make Cheyenne."

My favorite Garth songs are "The Dance" and "That Summer".

I think that they meant "Beaches of Cheyenne" instead of just "Cheyenne". Beaches is about the rodeo rider that got killed riding after his wife said that she didn't care if he ever came home.

The Dance is my favorite but I like a bunch of them. My Top 10 (in no particular order outside of The Dance) would be:

1. The Dance

2. Friends In Low Places

3. That Summer

4. Calling Baton Rouge

5. Much Too Young To Feel This Darn Old

6. More Than A Memory

7. That Old Wind

8. We Shall Be Free

9. When You Come Back To Me Again (From the Frequency Soundtrack)

10. The Ones The Wolves Brought Down

Can you sum up your taste in music or something? Apparently you're very opinionated when it comes to music, and I'm the same exact way. I personally love hating mainstream music when the artists don't have any serious talent, but Garth and The Eagles are quite talented. I just kind of want to know what constitutes good music for you...

If you listen to Garth Brooks doing a cover of KISS' "Hard Luck Woman," it should all make sense. That tune perfectly displays how Brooks is a rock'n'roller at heart, and he just went into slicked-up pop-country to make a buck, and not for the love of the music.

With the Eagles, I mostly just find Don Henley to be completely insufferable. His indelible stamp on the band — and years of overkill by commercial radio — make the Eagles unlistenable. That and the fact they blatantly rip off Gram Parsons, and softened the edges to make it mainstream.

Friends in Low Places is my favorite, but I like just about everything he has done. I went to his concert in Rupp a few years ago and it was awesome, by far the best concert I have been to.

My parents have seen him twice and according to my father, he puts on quite an intense show. Their last of the two shows they went to see was held in Lexington and Garth climbed up a long ladder up into the crowd and my parents were a mere ten feet away. I get to here this story whenever a Garth song is being played within an hearshot.