Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Upcoming sophmores

Featured Replies

Josh Friedel is a freshman at Ryle. The two Cooper kids are currently freshman at Ryle and Boone. Ritter, the SHDHS kid, is also a freshman.

 

So, will these guys have to sit a year, or can they play in 2008?

  • Replies 130
  • Views 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, will these guys have to sit a year, or can they play in 2008?

 

They can play immediately. None played varsity

I wish Josh the best with his change but I think he will look back and regret leaving Ryle. There are some very positive things going on right now.

 

I don't know anything about this boy transferring but I do know it will be a huge loss to Ryle. I have heard that a lot of kids have been quitting the football team there and was wondering if anyone knows the reason? :confused:From what I understand some NOT so positive things have been going on that have caused numbers in the double digits of kids to quit. Ryle better make some huge changes or they're going to find themselves without a winning football program.

I don't know anything about this boy transferring but I do know it will be a huge loss to Ryle. I have heard that a lot of kids have been quitting the football team there and was wondering if anyone knows the reason? :confused:From what I understand some NOT so positive things have been going on that have caused numbers in the double digits of kids to quit. Ryle better make some huge changes or they're going to find themselves without a winning football program.

 

I am not aware of numbers like you are talking about. I think that the number of players on the team is somewhere in the range of 100 plus. So the issue is that with that many kids there are going to be those that are not going to play very often so for the most part those are the ones who are unhappy. This situation is not much different than other teams in the state that field a large team. Sorry to see them leave but if they are unhappy then they need to move on to what they think is a better situation. My guess is that most teams in 6A are going to play the best players they have so those that don't work hard in practices or take it seriously will be watching from the sidelines. I think that when a player or parent makes the comment that if "I don't start I am leaving" my guess is that they need to go ahead and pack their bags. It is rare that one player makes or breaks a football team. So I don't think the sky is falling yet.

Josh Ferdell happens to be a good friend of mine, I talk to him all the time about the matter and he is definately going to trasfer to CCH.

 

Good friend of Josh Ferdell? Do you know Josh Friedel???

 

Can you tell us anything about the reason(s) behind his decision to transfer to CCH?

 

Let's face it, the #1 reason is is transferring is that he wants to play QB. At Ryle, that won't happen. Ryle has one of the most promising QB's in the area that also happens to be a Freshman like Josh. Conner Hempel will be tremendous. Josh broke his collar-bone playing tailback, a position that he reluctantly played because he wanted to be QB. Josh will get a shot at CCH.

Chris Kelly is the best football player of this class, but there are many.

 

Shumate with CCH is a very good talent as is Kremer - CCHS, Crane - Beechwood, and Austin (???) - Scott

Good friend of Josh Ferdell? Do you know Josh Friedel???

 

 

 

Let's face it, the #1 reason is is transferring is that he wants to play QB. At Ryle, that won't happen. Ryle has one of the most promising QB's in the area that also happens to be a Freshman like Josh. Conner Hempel will be tremendous. Josh broke his collar-bone playing tailback, a position that he reluctantly played because he wanted to be QB. Josh will get a shot at CCH.

 

I don't have any kids in high school yet but I live in the Ryle district so I'm always interested to learn what is going on since this is where my kids would go. Although Friedel played QB in peewee from what I understand from people that have coached him, he always wanted to play RB. I believe playing QB at CCH is not where he would end up unless placed there by coaches. CCH had a wonderful freshman QB, Timmerman, that I would say matches up to Conner Hempel very well! Second, to say he "reluctantly" played tailback is ridiculous. He broke his collar bone at a JV game when he was moved up. I highly doubt he expected to play QB on JV, nor would he have wanted to. From what I understand, the reason Josh and numerous other players have quit the Ryle team has to do with the head coach. One player certainly does not make the team, but 20 some players certainly helps.

I don't have any kids in high school yet but I live in the Ryle district so I'm always interested to learn what is going on since this is where my kids would go. Although Friedel played QB in peewee from what I understand from people that have coached him, he always wanted to play RB. I believe playing QB at CCH is not where he would end up unless placed there by coaches. CCH had a wonderful freshman QB, Timmerman, that I would say matches up to Conner Hempel very well! Second, to say he "reluctantly" played tailback is ridiculous. He broke his collar bone at a JV game when he was moved up. I highly doubt he expected to play QB on JV, nor would he have wanted to. From what I understand, the reason Josh and numerous other players have quit the Ryle team has to do with the head coach. One player certainly does not make the team, but 20 some players certainly helps.

 

I never heard that there were 20 but if there were my guess is that ony about 5 would have had much of a chance to play. And the ones that quit from last years team did not play much. So again I think that it is more about playing time. Chances of it or lack of time. The new ones that came out for spring practice did not last much after the first hit. I guess they thought it was a good idea until someone put a good hit on them. I agree that if they have a problem with the coach they need to find a new team. One of the players who left said his heart was not into playing football which I think is a very mature thing to do. Trust me if you dig deep enough it is not about the coach or coaches. They need to admit that they just don't want to play and I respect that.

Josh Friedel just hit a pop fly into right field during a varisty baseball game.

He will not be able to transfer to CCH without having to sit out.

See I knew that he was not going to Cov Cath. Also if he moves he can still play. They have rules with that. Also you have to play a percentage of Varsity ball.

See I knew that he was not going to Cov Cath. Also if he moves he can still play. They have rules with that. Also you have to play a percentage of Varsity ball.

 

I have never heard of any percentage .I have been told simply pinch or courtesy running 1 time in a varsity game is enough to lock them .Just appearing in a varsity game ?????? Maybe Strike - 3 would have some insight on this rule .

 

BTW -- Does moving schools because of religion allow you to move schools without penalty ?

I have never heard of any percentage .I have been told simply pinch or courtesy running 1 time in a varsity game is enough to lock them .Just appearing in a varsity game ?????? Maybe Strike - 3 would have some insight on this rule .

 

BTW -- Does moving schools because of religion allow you to move schools without penalty ?

 

 

From the khssa website:

 

"Any student who has been enrolled in grades nine (9) through

twelve (12) and has participated in any varsity game in any sport

at any school following enrollment in grade nine (9) and who then

transfers schools shall be ineligible for interscholastic athletics at

any level in any sport for one year from the date of enrollment in

the new school.

 

The Commissioner has discretion (but is not required) to waive

the period of ineligibility set forth above if one of the following exceptions has been met:"

 

It then goes on to list the following exceptions:

 

a) BONA FIDE CHANGE IN RESIDENCE

b) DIVORCE

c) GUARDIANSHIP/CHANGE OF CUSTODY

d) DEATH (In the event the death of one or both of the student’s

custodial parents creates such circumstances that the transfer to

another secondary school is deemed appropriate).

e) BOARDING SCHOOLS

f) NON ATHLETIC PARTICIPATION FOR AN ENTIRE SCHOOL YEAR

g) REASSIGNMENT BY BOARD OF EDUCATION

h) TRANSFER FROM NON-MEMBER SCHOOL

 

I did not see any mention of religion being an exception, though, that it certainly not to say that such an exception does not exist.

From the khssa website:

 

"Any student who has been enrolled in grades nine (9) through

twelve (12) and has participated in any varsity game in any sport

at any school following enrollment in grade nine (9) and who then

transfers schools shall be ineligible for interscholastic athletics at

any level in any sport for one year from the date of enrollment in

the new school.

 

The Commissioner has discretion (but is not required) to waive

the period of ineligibility set forth above if one of the following exceptions has been met:"

 

It then goes on to list the following exceptions:

 

a) BONA FIDE CHANGE IN RESIDENCE

b) DIVORCE

c) GUARDIANSHIP/CHANGE OF CUSTODY

d) DEATH (In the event the death of one or both of the student’s

custodial parents creates such circumstances that the transfer to

another secondary school is deemed appropriate).

e) BOARDING SCHOOLS

f) NON ATHLETIC PARTICIPATION FOR AN ENTIRE SCHOOL YEAR

g) REASSIGNMENT BY BOARD OF EDUCATION

h) TRANSFER FROM NON-MEMBER SCHOOL

 

I did not see any mention of religion being an exception, though, that it certainly not to say that such an exception does not exist.

 

http://www.khsaa.org/handbook/bylaws/bylaw6.pdf

If a student makes an appearance in a varsity game (one play), it is the same as if he plays every play of every game.

Montgomery County

Seth Dotson - QB started 3 games last year

Justin Covey- WR played some but MC lost lots of WR's so he has to step up

Will Fawns-OG could be starting at OG and possably at DE

Sean Richardson- SS Made big hits at the spring game

Some nice talent for CCH will be:

RB-Leo Shcafer

WR-Alex "Cubby" Connelly

CB- Alex Cosby

DE- Mitch Wendling

LB- Mark Jones

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.