Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Upcoming sophmores

Featured Replies

How do you move to CovCath????:confused::confused:

 

That is a good question:fire:

  • Replies 130
  • Views 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenup County...

Lyle-RB

Ryerson-WR

Troxler-RB/WR

Grayson- DL/OL

Kitchen- DL/OL

 

Greenup County

 

Lyle - RB and LB

Ryerson - WR and CB

Troxler - RB/WR and CB

Grayson - NG and Guard

Kitchen - NT and Guard

Duncan - WR and Safety

Hampton - WR and DE

Abrams - C and NT

He is a big, strong kid who had lots of experience at Boone County Pee Wee. I believe he will be very good football player. One of the best players I have seen while he played at Boone County Pee Wee Football League. He will be a big addition for CCH.

 

No doubt. I played for the Razorbacks, and we played them twice that year. He was one of the best players I ever played against.

No doubt. I played for the Razorbacks, and we played them twice that year. He was one of the best players I ever played against.

 

Do you think he will actually transfer or do you think it is all talk.

Do you think he will actually transfer or do you think it is all talk.

 

I'm not saying anything. :sssh:

The last statement I made about a transfer was a bust. :D

I find it hard to beleive that any sophmores will get a good amount of playing time at CovCath. Especially on the D line where they return 4 or 5 seniors at that posistion, The linebacker posistion is also pretty full of upperclassmen, those sophmore however should contribute heavily their junior seasons.

I find it hard to beleive that any sophmores will get a good amount of playing time at CovCath. Especially on the D line where they return 4 or 5 seniors at that posistion, The linebacker posistion is also pretty full of upperclassmen, those sophmore however should contribute heavily their junior seasons.

 

You are right. Also, there are couple of good D lineman juniors-to-be that will be rotated into the playing time as the year progresses. As many have stated before, it is very hard for the sophs to break the lineup on the D Line at CovCath, mostly because of size, strength, maturity, agility issues and tradition. Over the past 3 years, the D Line has been the most consistant part of the team and have performed well regardless of the circumstances. If you saw the Blue/White game, you would have noticed that the sophs-to-be did not get many Varsity reps on the D Line. I can only remember a couple times they did and the O Line dominated them. The players mentioned above are and will be good players that is for sure, but unless something drastic happens, they will have to pay their dues like everyone else.

 

Coach Brossart believes that the juniors and seniors have the right to prove themselves and he will give them the opportunity to do that. If they don't perform, then maybe things will change.

You are right. Also, there are couple of good D lineman juniors-to-be that will be rotated into the playing time as the year progresses. As many have stated before, it is very hard for the sophs to break the lineup on the D Line at CovCath, mostly because of size, strength, maturity, agility issues and tradition. Over the past 3 years, the D Line has been the most consistant part of the team and have performed well regardless of the circumstances. If you saw the Blue/White game, you would have noticed that the sophs-to-be did not get many Varsity reps on the D Line. I can only remember a couple times they did and the O Line dominated them. The players mentioned above are and will be good players that is for sure, but unless something drastic happens, they will have to pay their dues like everyone else.

 

Coach Brossart believes that the juniors and seniors have the right to prove themselves and he will give them the opportunity to do that. If they don't perform, then maybe things will change.

 

 

Who are some of the Juniors to be you speak of?

Who are some of the Juniors to be you speak of?

 

Stayton, Geisen and Terry. None were standouts on JV, but they are working hard in the off season and seem to be improving alot. Stayton is smaller but has a nose for the ball, Geisen has good size but needs to work on his speed and Terry has put on about 20 lbs (now over 220) and deadlifted 335 on his max (he is not yet 16). So they are moving in the right direction and will play a role as they get deeper into the season. Depending on how the season goes, you may also see Frisch get a look on D Line. Anyway, the D Line is very deep and this group of upperclassmen seems to have a chip on their should after last season. Overall, the team as a whole has good size and the right attitude. Hopefully, Isler and Vansant will step up and be the leaders they seem to be. If so, it will be a good year for CovCath.

George Rogers Clark:

 

Andrew Dini, Mykal Barnes & Darius Skinner

 

Dini - possibly looking at being QB of the Varsity team

 

Barnes & Skinner - all around great athletes in any sport, any position they seem to play. The type of player that leaves his heart on the field/court. I don't think anyone can out work these 2 at all.

Boyle County

 

Lamar Dawson--6'2" 230 will turn 15 next month. Manchild !!!

Schaefer for CCH is currently hurt. He tore ligaments in his shoulder and will be out for 3-5 months I'm pretty sure, he was starting Outside LB for varsity too, bummer.:mad:

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Schaefer for CCH is currently hurt. He tore ligaments in his shoulder and will be out for 3-5 months i'm pretty sure, he was starting Outside LB for varsity too, bummer.:mad:

 

Too bad for Leo. I thought he would have a chance to get some PT at the varsity level this year. However, I don't think he was a LB. I saw him playing corner when I watched them recently.

Too bad for Leo. I thought he would have a chance to get some PT at the varsity level this year. However, I don't think he was a LB. I saw him playing corner when I watched them recently.

 

At either position, He most likely wasn't going to start, but he would have got some valuable varsity action, best of luck to Leo with his surgery and rehab.

For Dayton

 

Brady Pearson Nose Tackle, Left Tackle

Brad Lewallen QB, WR and Safety

Josh Schoultheis Center D-line

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.