Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 63 Georgia 58

Featured Replies

That was a great effort for the undermanned Kentucky team. Patterson hadn't really had great game, but he really stepped up late in the game. Jasper made a gret pass to him on the lob dunk.

  • Replies 101
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Jasper and Meeks, along with Liggins and Miller will be able to manage. IMO. Along with Patterson and Stevenson in the front court.

 

Liggins, Miller?

The reaction from Bliss after Jasper threw the lob and Patterson dunked it on him was priceless. Play of the game for me :D

  • Author
:thumb: I've been saying this as well... They might even be worse next year.

 

UK will definitely miss these two, more than I ever thought they would. But I do not think they'll be worse next season. With the new toughness we've seen from the WHOLE team, an with completely healthy versions of Jasper and Meeks as well as contributions from the incoming freshman I do not think we will see a non-conference record like we did this season.

I think Jasper and Meeks, along with Liggins and Miller will be able to manage. IMO. Along with Patterson and Stevenson in the front court.

 

Define manage?:D

 

Basically you subtract Bradley and Crawford and you add two freshman in Liggins and Miller... Throw in a bit healthier Meeks and Jasper...I'd rather have the two seniors then the two freshman for NEXT year.

 

By the way, strong road win for the Cats.:thumb:

UK will definitely miss these two, more than I ever thought they would. But I do not think they'll be worse next season. With the new toughness we've seen from the WHOLE team, an with completely healthy versions of Jasper and Meeks as well as contributions from the incoming freshman I do not think we will see a non-conference record like we did this season.

 

That's true. I probably shouldn't have said worse because what are the odds of losing to a Gardner Webb and the likes of San Diego again.. But I really don't see them doing much better than this year and probably shouldn't be expected to.:thumb:

A tough, gritty performance. What impressed me were the role players stepping up, like Porter, Stevenson and Harris. Jasper did an excellent job distributing the ball and PP did a great job finishing. The ball movement, spacing and limiting turnovers were a big key. It's tough to go on the road in the SEC and win, but especially when Crawford, Bradley and Meeks out of there during the home stretch. I'm really starting to like this teams execution, toughness and ability to overcome adversity. Although they didn't do particularily well today on the F/T line, this is still a strength with this team. Let's hope everyone can get healthy because I can see these Cats going on a big run these next few games..

Just want to go on the record and say: Patrick Patterson gives 100% ALL THE TIME! Its awesome to see. He is physical, aggressive, posts as hard as he possible can, and runs the floor like an animal.

 

He is something to watch.

This is a bigger win that the Vol win. Going on the road, injuries, tight game after blowing the double digit lead. They still come away with the win.

 

Very nice win for the Cats.

This is a bigger win that the Vol win. Going on the road, injuries, tight game after blowing the double digit lead. They still come away with the win.

 

Very nice win for the Cats.

 

I think the Vol win was bigger IMO. But both are HUGE! :dancingpa

Jasper sure did lead the team to a win today IMO. Sadly however, it doesn't appear that Jasper will recover the explosiveness we saw glimpses of last season.

 

Still, the fact that he improved his shot shows me the kid has a work ethic. Another dedicated offseason and maybe he can find different ways to utilize his great handles and long wingspan to become a different type of player.

This was a great win....and was it me or did it sound like there was a good showing of UK fans or what?...GO CATS!

  • Author
Jasper sure did lead the team to a win today IMO. Sadly however, it doesn't appear that Jasper will recover the explosiveness we saw glimpses of last season.

 

Still, the fact that he improved his shot shows me the kid has a work ethic. Another dedicated offseason and maybe he can find different ways to utilize his great handles and long wingspan to become a different type of player.

 

I wouldn't count out that explosiveness from Jasper just yet. The microfracture surgery he had, takes a full year to FULLY recover from. He is about 6-7 months out right now, and he is capable of playing. But I would bet that next season we will see the Derrick Jasper we saw last season.

For this U.K. team playing w/o Meeks and Bradley goes down midway in the first half, Crawford basically playing on one leg to pull out this win on the road was imo one of if not the most impressive win of the season.

Beating U.T. was huge as well but with the way that all stepped up and played with tougness and guts today was really impressive. I can't give Crawford enough praise in this one, 26pts - 5/6 from the 3 pt. line and "gutting" out an injury/sprain/cramps or whatever the problem is (probably a combination of all). Jasper was also exceptional from the guard slot.

UGA's defense was good on Patterson but he managed to step up and play well also. First win on the road and a SEC win on the road should give these Cats even more confidence going into Auburn on Wed. night.

 

GO BIG BLUE!!!:dancingpa

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.