Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do You Like The Idea of Expanding The Big East Tourney?

Expand The Big East Tourney? 26 members have voted

  1. 1. Expand The Big East Tourney?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I'd like it a lot more if I didn't work day shift...

  • Replies 30
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You still have to win 3 games as the #1 seed...

 

Ok, I see it now. Well, I'll switch my argument...it's ridiculous to have a team to try and win 5 games to win a conference tournament.

 

Or, maybe, did they do this to try and boost their conference's chances of getting more teams into the post-season? The 9 and 10 seeds could be "bubble" teams and a 3 or 4 game run can make a huge difference in where they end up in the NCAA or NIT (or CBI, I guess). It doesn't do much for the 1-4 or 5-8 seeds but it gives the 9-16 one more chance to add a win to its resume.

Every team should get a chance to play in their conference tournament.

I have a lot more of a problem with the regular season scheduling than the Big East conference tourny scheduling.

 

Amen...

I have a lot more of a problem with the regular season scheduling than the Big East conference tourny scheduling.

 

It IS a mess but what do you do with a 16 team conference?

It IS a mess but what do you do with a 16 team conference?

Split the non football Big East schools. But that's for another thread all together...

The top 4 seeds get byes the first two rounds...
OK, I'll rephrase...

 

I think it hurts the school more getting beat down again buy the 5th or 6th seed team. This time it will be on national TV. Don't see where that helps.

 

Better? :D

OK, I'll rephrase...

 

I think it hurts the school more getting beat down again buy the 5th or 6th seed team. This time it will be on national TV. Don't see where that helps.

 

Better? :D

Nope. Still wrong. The 16 seed would play the 9 seed round 1... :D

It's silly having a 16 team conference anyway.

They all could play one less pansy in their regular season schedule. I think to win the BIG EAST, you would have to win the tournament that has ALL Teams in it.

I wonder if this will alter my betting strategy of taking the teams that already played 1 game against a team w/ a first round bye. I would think that a team playing their 3rd game in 3 days against a team that didn't play yet would be at a huge disadvantage. Especially considering they're probably not nearly as talented anyway.

Invite all the teams. The all should get a chance!

 

They have their chance in the regular season. There should only be 12 teams.

I don't like it at all personally. I think that the tourney should be narrowed down to 8 teams and kept that way. This would make the regular season mean more. A team would have to really play their way in then. JMO

 

My advice to the ones that say that their team should be in and it is not fair........try playing better. LOL

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.