Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What about Perry Stevenson?

Featured Replies

Could be, that Perry has gotten into some foul trouble at times, so BCG likes to keep him on the bench for a few minutes so he doesn't go out and commit one in the first minute. I wish he would go with someone other than Coury though.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought he looked very solid tonight, not only scoring some key baskets, but, also rebounding, playing solid defense and making some big plays in key situations...Do you agree or disagree?

 

I agree. IMO his play was a key role in the "W" last night.

IMO if he can maintain this level for the season, UK becomes a much better basketball team. I'm not saying they make the NCAA's, but they become a team no one wants in late February or in the SEC tourney. Just one man's opinion.

Stevenson and Ramon Harris are improving more and more each game! Mark Coury played 3 minutes total and in that 3 minutes, he managed to provide a highlight block for Chism. Hopefully he won't be playing much more than 3 minutes the rest of the year!

Stevenson and Ramon Harris are improving more and more each game! Mark Coury played 3 minutes total and in that 3 minutes, he managed to provide a highlight block for Chism. Hopefully he won't be playing much more than 3 minutes the rest of the year!

 

Thats the one I just don't see. I'm not writing him off yet, but I'm far from impressed.

He played a solid game last night and I thought the interior passing of him and PP was tremendous. One question though: If BCG likes bringing Stevenson off the bench, why not start Stewart rather than Coury?

He played a solid game last night and I thought the interior passing of him and PP was tremendous. One question though: If BCG likes bringing Stevenson off the bench, why not start Stewart rather than Coury?

 

Why would he start a player that he is not playing at all at any time of the game?

IMO, PS is getting more comfortable every game and I think that just stems from his added playing time and he seems to have more stength in his hands. PS being able to score is going to help PPat's numbers, IMO. The defenses are going to have to play more toward PS and stop all the double and triple teams on PPat. I thind they should keep starting Coury and let PS come of the bench. I will let BCG do the coaching thats what he is getting paid to do. It does seem he is getting them on the right track.

Why would he start a player that he is not playing at all at any time of the game?
:thumb: What I don't understand is why people on here think that Stewart is so good(I not saying he is not because I don't know) when he has never played enough this season to show what he has. Just because he is athletic does not mean he is a good basketball player. I am sure BCG has a reason why he does not play him.

If Perry stays within his limitations and does what he does well (blocking shots and dunking) he can contribute as we saw last night. If he ever learns to knock down the 15 footer with some consistency, he will be a major contributor.

Why would he start a player that he is not playing at all at any time of the game?

 

Thats a good question. I just think strictly from an athletic perspective that Stewart might give them better minutes. Just one mans opinion here, but I'm sure he couldn't do any worse.

I was also impressed with the play from Stevenson last night.

He has improved, but I still get uneasy when he has the ball in his hands outside of the paint. He still needs to add much bulk and strength.

Thats a good question. I just think strictly from an athletic perspective that Stewart might give them better minutes. Just one mans opinion here, but I'm sure he couldn't do any worse.

 

I guess BCG could have given Stewart, Coury's 3 mins last night. I believe the last time Stewart started against San Diego that's about how much playing time he got(5mins was his total). Just being athletic does not make a ball player. BCG watches them every day in practice and I am sure if it thought Stewart could get the job done he would be in the line up. Let me ask you this question if Stewart is all that you think he is why do you think BCG is keeping him on the bench. Maybe BCG is saving him for his secret weapon. Stewart has not played enough minutes against good competition for any one on this site to know how well he can play and that is just my opinion. I like Stewart and I think he will learn the system if he gives it time, but it would not surprise me to see him transfer out after this season.

Hopefully, he can keep it up. Way to go Perry!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.