Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dayton at Xavier

Featured Replies

I know there are at least a few Xavier fans (or at least followers) on this board and seeing as how we're now less than 48 hours away from two ranked Atlantic 10 teams playing a meaningful regular season game (the winner has the early leg up on capturing the conference title), I figured it was time to get at least some minimal discussion going.

 

The Flyers haven't won a game at Xavier in years... many, many years. But I think this year's team has the best opportunity in quite some time to steal a win down there (maybe since 2000).

 

Bold Prediction:

 

Dayton 85

Xavier 79

 

...I have a not-so-bold prediction as well, but I'll hold off on creating my own bad luck...

This should be a great game. Both teams are very, very good..

 

Xavier - 71

Dayton - 67

It should be a great game, i have to give the edge to Dayton in this one.

Dayton- 76

Xavier- 69

Dayton should win in my opinion, but whether or not they will is yet to be seen.

I'm thinking we will see one of Xaviers best performance since the IU game. X wins by about 9-12 points. Hope I'm right.:D

The UD winless-in-Cincinnati streak will live on.

Who has Dayton beat?

 

Louisville

  • Author
Who has Dayton beat?

 

@Louisville

Pittsburgh (a 25-point beat down at Dayton)

@Miami(OH)

Rhode Island

 

Is this game going to be televised?

 

On CSTV, thanks to the A-10's criminally rotten TV deal.

Who has Dayton beat?

 

Pitt and UL and Rhode Island. One of the best RPI's in the country.

 

As for this game. I have to give the edge to Xavier on this one. Dayton is banged up missing Little and Wright. At Xavier. Dayton can win if Roberts shoots like he did against Pitt.

This is a rivalry so it will be a barnburner. But I expect XU to be focused an to succeed in the transition game a little better than Dayton. But you can mark it down now, Dayton will get them sometime this season.

  • Author

Ok. My not-so-bold prediction, as promised:

 

Xavier 76

Dayton 65

 

If Xavier can hem in Roberts and Johnson and Binnie don't hit from the field (read: the Travis Ford plan), X will have this one well in hand throughout the second half.

 

Dayton hasn't won at Xavier since 1981. That's the kind of fact that makes me cringe. The number of close calls has been staggering. The number of not close calls is even more staggering (I'll never be able to forget David West dropping 47 on us in 2003).

 

Go Flyers! Xaverius delenda est!

Ok. My not-so-bold prediction, as promised:

 

Xavier 76

Dayton 65

 

If Xavier can hem in Roberts and Johnson and Binnie don't hit from the field (read: the Travis Ford plan), X will have this one well in hand throughout the second half.

 

Dayton hasn't won at Xavier since 1981. That's the kind of fact that makes me cringe. The number of close calls has been staggering. The number of not close calls is even more staggering (I'll never be able to forget David West dropping 47 on us in 2003).

 

Go Flyers! Xaverius delenda est!

 

:lol:Nothing to be ashamed of though. David West can ball...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.