Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Indiana 65 Minnesota 60

Featured Replies

Healthy?

Minnesota

You think, if both are healthy, Minnesota has more talent?

  • Replies 115
  • Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have not been one that was saying that Tubby left behind crappy players.

 

Stupid or not, the senior class did not leave up to it's top recruiting class ranking it got.

 

Maybe, just maybe, it was the PLAYERS and not the coach. That's a novel idea.

 

I'm confused.

I'm confused.

 

Why confused? Bradley, Rondo, Morris, Crawford all very talented with attitude problems.

There was no bashing of BCG before your post of trying to tear down the UM success.

 

Blue Blazeer has done it in other threads and nothing was said.

Take off your Tubby glasses and post with your head not your heart.

Why confused? Bradley, Rondo, Morris, Crawford all very talented with attitude problems.

 

OK, so why were they recruited?

Blue Blazeer has done it in other threads and nothing was said.

Take off your Tubby glasses and post with your head not your heart.

 

So, I say that Tubby and UK was not a good marriage. I agree with the author that says that UK was not a good spot for UK and I am wearing Tubby glasses.

 

Is the only way to not be wearing Tubby glasses is to rip him as a horrible coach and the ruination of life in the commonwealth?

 

And trust me posting with my head is all I have done as I list facts more than anything.

 

And had Blue Blazer posted anything in this thread?

OK, so why were they recruited?

 

They were all very talented. I said that. Now I am confused.

So, I say that Tubby and UK was not a good marriage. I agree with the author that says that UK was not a good spot for UK and I am wearing Tubby glasses.

 

Is the only way to not be wearing Tubby glasses is to rip him as a horrible coach and the ruination of life in the commonwealth?

 

And trust me posting with my head is all I have done as I list facts more than anything.

 

And had Blue Blazer posted anything in this thread?

 

Please show me where I said Tubby was a horrible coach.

They were all very talented. I said that. Now I am confused.

 

So he didn't evaluate them well enough to know they were "head cases"?

 

All I'm trying to say is that the head coach is responsible for the players he recruits and coaches. If they're not performing, then either the coach can't recruit, or he can't coach. One of the two. UK requires you do both.

 

And FWIW, I agree, that Tubby is a very good coach that is very well suited to a second tier school in a major conference where he doesn't need 5 star recruits to meet expectations.

Please show me where I said Tubby was a horrible coach.

 

That was a question I posed to you. I forgot the ?

 

You said I am wearing Tubby colored glasses when I said UK and Tubby was not a good marriage. I was just trying to figure out in your opinion when a person would not be wearing Tubby colored glasses.

 

Especially since I said Tubby was not a good coach for UK. I would have assumed that would have sufficed but it seems it was not.

So he didn't evaluate them well enough to know they were "head cases"?

 

All I'm trying to say is that the head coach is responsible for the players he recruits and coaches. If they're not performing, then either the coach can't recruit, or he can't coach. One of the two. UK requires you do both.

 

And FWIW, I agree, that Tubby is a very good coach that is very well suited to a second tier school in a major conference where he doesn't need 5 star recruits to meet expectations.

 

So the players get a free ride and hold no responsibility in the type of players they are?

 

Absolutely, Tubby holds responsibility but I think the players hold an equal responsibility for either being coachable or not.

Just another "I love Tubby thread" disguised as a Minnesota basketball thread.

Just another "I love Tubby thread" disguised as a Minnesota basketball thread.

 

:confused:

 

I am confused about your point.

 

Would you expect a Duke thread to be a I hate Coach K thread?

A Florida thread to be that Billy D can't coach thread?

A UC thread to be that Mick Cronin's wins over Syracuse doesn't mean anything cause he couldn't do it at UK thread?

 

Coach Smith took a team that won 9 games last year and they have already pasted that. What do you expect? He can't coach even though he has taken the same roster and exceeded it from last year?

Interesting comments I heard by the commentators in the short time I watched the game. They stated that this Minnesota team was expected to be good this year even before Tubby got the job. I think it was something along the lines of they knew they had good players returning who could score and who gained valuable experience last year. So, while they have probably exceeded expectations, the fact that they are winning games & being competitive is not a total shock.

 

I was suprised by this comment also, because all I've heard is that he inherited a team low in talent.

IMO the two quick fouls, on the IU star and the hound dog attitude he seemed to go into, had as much to do with the game being close as IU being outcoached. Just watching this game I felt like Tubby came into more basketball talent than he left in Lexington. IU tried to give them the game but they just didn't take it.

 

Wow your saying a team who won 9 games this past year, had more talent on it than a team who returned most of their key players from last years 2nd round tournament team? It all just has to do with the coach. ;)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.