January 19, 200818 yr Surely to goodness that with all the die hard Minnesota fans on this board someone can tell you who #13 is. FWIW, I looked through the entire UL/Marquette thread and in 23 post there was 1 mention of Pitino or coaching. On the other hand 5 of the first 12 post on this thread were about Smith. This thread is not about Minnesota vs. Indiana just another chance to love on Tubby. News flash HE QUIT YOU!!!!!!!!!!! Took his $1,000,000 plus and left. Why? Because he refused to change his assistant coaches and then didn't take any of them with him to the great white north. Now why would he do that? You guys are like my friend who's girl friend dumped him when we were in high school. He followed her around, kept calling her and made himself look foolish in the process. Thank You for that wonderful analogy .... of course you are wrong but I will give you an "A" for effort anyway. :lol: Nice try though. :thumb::walk:. By the way, I don't look at other teams threads to compare and judge what I should post and how. Also, as others have said if you do not like the ones on Minnesota and Tubby the simply don't read them or post on them, I know if I am not interested in a thread I don't bother posting on it and very rarely even read it. Just a thougt and............ you must be a "closet Tubby/Minnesota fan" you certainly post enough on their threads. LOL, Have nice day. Cause he was tired of obnoxious, zealot fans of UK that had unrealistic expectations and wouldn't face reality but rather wanted to live in their fantasy world of 96-98.So, if there is a Duke thread, I can't post in there because I couldn't name one of their starters? If there is a UNC thread, it is off limits to me cause I know Haboro but don't know his number. In fact, I better not even post in the UK thread because I don't have the #'s of each and every player memorized???? Is that the expectations? :thumb::thumb: Exactly, again you have nailed it lbbc.
January 19, 200818 yr Surely to goodness that with all the die hard Minnesota fans on this board someone can tell you who #13 is. FWIW, I looked through the entire UL/Marquette thread and in 23 post there was 1 mention of Pitino or coaching. On the other hand 5 of the first 12 post on this thread were about Smith. This thread is not about Minnesota vs. Indiana just another chance to love on Tubby. News flash HE QUIT YOU!!!!!!!!!!! Took his $1,000,000 plus and left. Why? Because he refused to change his assistant coaches and then didn't take any of them with him to the great white north. Now why would he do that? You guys are like my friend who's girl friend dumped him when we were in high school. He followed her around, kept calling her and made himself look foolish in the process. Ok Im going to try this for a third time. I mean you seem like a pretty smart guy, so I dont know what you don't get about this. There is people who support Tubby and want to see him do good. So the job he has done at Minnesota already had been A GREAT job, that is why you see so many people saying good job about him. The whole little Pitino thing is weak. Because as I said to you before (even though you never like to say anything back to this) but if there was a bluegrasspreps when Pitino left. I guarntee you there would have been people posting the Boston scores ALL THE TIME to keep people updated on how he was doing. And well since he was doing so bad with Boston, people probably would have been talking in everything saying how stupid of a decision he made. I mean you just need to get over this Tubby thing, because you say we are making ourselves look foolish. But were not the ones jumping all over people just for saying a coach had a good game, I mean that looks pretty foolish to me. So one more time I will say it, it is just not Tubby. It would have been just like this to when Pitino left if there was a bluegrasspreps back then. But I bet you wouldn't have a problem with that at all, since its about the coach you love.
January 19, 200818 yr Cause he was tired of obnoxious, zealot fans of UK that had unrealistic expectations and wouldn't face reality but rather wanted to live in their fantasy world of 96-98. So, if there is a Duke thread, I can't post in there because I couldn't name one of their starters? If there is a UNC thread, it is off limits to me cause I know Haboro but don't know his number. In fact, I better not even post in the UK thread because I don't have the #'s of each and every player memorized???? Is that the expectations? Actually it was the fantasy world of 1948-1998. Actually you don't know Haboro as well as you think. His name is Hansbrough.
January 19, 200818 yr Thank You for that wonderful analogy Dr. Phil :sleep:.... of course you are wrong but I will give you an "A" for effort anyway. :lol: Nice try though. :thumb::walk:. By the way, I don't look at other teams threads to compare and judge what I should post and how. Also, as others have said if you do not like the ones on Minnesota and Tubby the simply don't read them or post on them, I know if I akm not interested in a thread I don't bother posting on it and very rarely even read it. Just a thougt... :thumb::thumb: Exactly, again you have nailed it lbbc. So is #13 related to Haboro? I will decide where I post and read and where I don't and please tell me where I am wrong. Did Smith quit? Did he take the money? Did he retain any of his staff in the transition? Feel free to dispute any of this.
January 19, 200818 yr Ok Im going to try this for a third time. I mean you seem like a pretty smart guy, so I dont know what you don't get about this. There is people who support Tubby and want to see him do good. So the job he has done at Minnesota already had been A GREAT job, that is why you see so many people saying good job about him. The whole little Pitino thing is weak. Because as I said to you before (even though you never like to say anything back to this) but if there was a bluegrasspreps when Pitino left. I guarntee you there would have been people posting the Boston scores ALL THE TIME to keep people updated on how he was doing. And well since he was doing so bad with Boston, people probably would have been talking in everything saying how stupid of a decision he made. I mean you just need to get over this Tubby thing, because you say we are making ourselves look foolish. But were not the ones jumping all over people just for saying a coach had a good game, I mean that looks pretty foolish to me. So one more time I will say it, it is just not Tubby. It would have been just like this to when Pitino left if there was a bluegrasspreps back then. But I bet you wouldn't have a problem with that at all, since its about the coach you love. Obviously Pitino left a championship caliber team when he left. Smith on the other hand took a large sum of money and left a roster worthy of Slippery Rock. Talk about Smith all you want, say how great a guy he is, how great a coach he is, or how eloquent a speaker he is, that is all fair game but be prepared to hear the other side. You guys want it one way and if someone doesn't agree then they are labeled a "Tubby Basher", I prefer realist.
January 19, 200818 yr Ok Im going to try this for a third time. I mean you seem like a pretty smart guy, so I dont know what you don't get about this. There is people who support Tubby and want to see him do good. So the job he has done at Minnesota already had been A GREAT job, that is why you see so many people saying good job about him. The whole little Pitino thing is weak. Because as I said to you before (even though you never like to say anything back to this) but if there was a bluegrasspreps when Pitino left. I guarntee you there would have been people posting the Boston scores ALL THE TIME to keep people updated on how he was doing. And well since he was doing so bad with Boston, people probably would have been talking in everything saying how stupid of a decision he made. I mean you just need to get over this Tubby thing, because you say we are making ourselves look foolish. But were not the ones jumping all over people just for saying a coach had a good game, I mean that looks pretty foolish to me. So one more time I will say it, it is just not Tubby. It would have been just like this to when Pitino left if there was a bluegrasspreps back then. But I bet you wouldn't have a problem with that at all, since its about the coach you love.The first "highlighted" part explains things perfectly, simple and to the point. Should some not or more likely not want to understand I have quit trying to explain, it is really very simple. I am really tired of all of this, bottom line is that I am first and foremost a U.K. basketball fan - always have been and always will be and have never said otherwise. I did not want to see Tubby go but with the way that things were getting to for him and his wife & family at U.K.(Tubby is all about family first) I certainly understand it. Does that mean that I don not support BCG? Certainly not, I am a U.K. fan and he is our coach. I also am now a Minnesota basketball fan as well bc of Tubby Smith, the man is a great coach, great person and he and his entire famly are all class. I really don't see what is so hard for some to understand about it. A person can only explain it in so many ways................no more for me. I will continue to post on U.K. threads and Minnesota threads, if that is too mind boggling for some then I can't help them.:lol: :thumb:
January 19, 200818 yr Actually it was the fantasy world of 1948-1998. Actually you don't know Haboro as well as you think. His name is Hansbrough. You better check your fantasy world out of the 1960's when Adolph Rupp had worse teams and records than Tubby did the past two years. He went 13-13 and for a good period of the early 1960's, his record and success was far below Tubby's of the past two years. And I knew the spelling but was being facetious for your account.
January 19, 200818 yr So is #13 related to Haboro? I will decide where I post and read and where I don't and please tell me where I am wrong. Did Smith quit? Did he take the money? Did he retain any of his staff in the transition? Feel free to dispute any of this. All of your name calling doesn't change the facts. If you took that "Dr. Phil" comment as "name calling" then I apologize, I really do. I meant it as a joke and not to go name calling, that is the truth. If I can I will edit and remove that part.:thumb: I stand by the rest of my statement.
January 19, 200818 yr If you took that "Dr. Phil" comment as "name calling" then I apologize, I really do. I meant it as a joke and not to go name calling, that is the truth. If I can I will edit and remove that part.:thumb: I stand by the rest of my statement. Don't worry about it, really. I don't take this stuff personally and just enjoy the debating. Please, please feel free to call me anything but Dr. Phil.
January 19, 200818 yr Don't worry about it, really. I don't take this stuff personally and just enjoy the debating. Please, please feel free to call me anything but Dr. Phil. Oprah:D
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.