Who are the most overrated teams in the country...

RockPride

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is true... but as bad as they did play and the style they did that in.. they still came out of the game with a 13 point win on the road. Let's not give up on these young devils after one tough physical game.. they will only get better as the season progresses.:thumb:

What about the games in Maui? The blowout of Wisconsin? Their only loss was to a Pitt team that they had a 15 point lead on that slipped away and they hit a tough shot at the buzzer..I agree that they are too young to be looking for anything further than the elite 8 this year but if all the players stick around next year could be a special one.:ylsuper:

^ I have been silent to this point....I am straight Duke.....I need to be impressed soon, to get my hopes REALLY high.

While Duke may be overrated, I really feel they are in the next tier of teams behind UNC, UCLA, Memphis, and Kansas.

In other words, you could jumble up the next tier of teams and rank them however. While #5 may be a little high, I can argue it is somewhat legit. Anything above that I would be a lot more inclined to agree. Does that make sense?

^ really....tonight they allowed themselves to get taken out of the full court style they need to play, to be successful. I would like to think that the Top Ten teams in the nation ALWAYS force tempo.

Look at the flip side. When you're forced out of your tempo and you still win, does that count for something? Post #7 beat me to it, but the ability to win even when you're not at your best, playing a conference game on the road, forced out of your preferred tempo to me is a hallmark of a pretty good team.

Are they top 5? Maybe not, but not too far behind.

^ really....tonight they allowed themselves to get taken out of the full court style they need to play, to be successful. I would like to think that the Top Ten teams in the nation ALWAYS force tempo.

I wouldn't say that...I would say nearly every team is going to have some sub-par performances where they can't get into their game. I wouldn't think too much about one or two bad games. Maybe if it starts to become a regular occurrence. As of now, I'd say Duke is probably just as deserving as anyone else of their ranking.

But, admittedly, I haven't watched a lot of college hoops, so I may be completely wrong.