Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mason Co 69 Montgomery Co 55

Featured Replies

Do you all think that most teams will "waste" a foul or two early to get an idea of how the game will be called; then play accordingly?

 

While I think all teams try to get a feel early on as to how the game is going to be officiated, I don't think they "waste" early fouls for this purpose. I wouldn't think any coach would want a starter or key player (which is who would be in the game early on) to waste a foul that could lead to foul trouble later in the game.

 

It has long been my observation that Bluegrass (10th & 11th region) officials seem to allow more physical play than other regions.

  • Replies 117
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I think all teams try to get a feel early on as to how the game is going to be officiated, I don't think they "waste" early fouls for this purpose. I wouldn't think any coach would want a starter or key player (which is who would be in the game early on) to waste a foul that could lead to foul trouble later in the game.

 

It has long been my observation that Bluegrass (10th & 11th region) officials seem to allow more physical play than other regions.

 

 

I would go along with that.

While I think all teams try to get a feel early on as to how the game is going to be officiated, I don't think they "waste" early fouls for this purpose. I wouldn't think any coach would want a starter or key player (which is who would be in the game early on) to waste a foul that could lead to foul trouble later in the game.

 

It has long been my observation that Bluegrass (10th & 11th region) officials seem to allow more physical play than other regions.

 

 

More of these guys are doing college games as well. Other regions don't have the college officiating experience.

Do you all think that most teams will "waste" a foul or two early to get an idea of how the game will be called; then play accordingly?

 

I do believe that is what Mason did yesterday, not necessarly waste a foul, but they saw the officials were going to let them play so they got real aggresive.

  • Author

I just can't believe that essentially a regular season game has now gotten close to 1500 views and approaching 4 pages. Just wow. :lol:

There are a lot of people from Maysville on this site it appears.

  • Author
There are a lot of people from Maysville on this site it appears.

 

I see you are new to posting, I don't know how long you have been reading the site. A while back we had a thread on here that asked where is everyone from and it was a poll with the 16 regions in the state.

 

No disrespect to any of the other regions, but more often than not 9,10,11,16 get A LOT of attention here. Maybe 15 every now and certainly JB is one of a few darn good teams out of the 14th.

 

People love their 10 and 16th regions on this board. :thumb:

More of these guys are doing college games as well. Other regions don't have the college officiating experience.

 

That's true. I don't know if it's true in other regions.

 

I only know one of the BGC officials personally, and he does HS as well as college games on a regular basis.

I've seen a lot of 10th and 16th regional games this year and I like the officiating in the 16th a whole lot more. I thought that game yesterday was a knock down and drag out. There was a bad foul under the basket and the official on the hash mark made the call and the official standing within 6 feet of the play under the basket didn't make the call. They don't have their ____ together. I thought it was a bad called game for both teams. Somewhere along the way ,we have replaced the skills involved in playing the game with strength, muscle and brute force and its simply a trend in officiating. What do you think?:ylsuper:

I read on another thread (Fleming-Deming?) that the 16th Region was more physical than the 10th. They'd have to be in full pads for that to be the case...

We played in a tournament in Ashland and played three games and they were called much closer than the ones we've played in the 10th.I don't mean to argue but thats the way that I see it. Since Fleming is on the outskirts of the 16th region they probably get whats left after the better ones gets the Ashland area games. :ylsuper:

The 10th is way more physical that the 16th. The physical part doesn't bother most people as long as both team's are allowed!! I have seen several games where one team

gets to use the padded bats:D when someone goes in for a layup then we run down to the other end and a swipe:scared: is called with very minimal contact. Inconsistency is very aggravating!!:thumb:

Yes it is!!!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.