Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mason Co 69 Montgomery Co 55

Featured Replies

I think this game played out very well for Montgomery Co. I'm sure they would have liked to get the win, but they proved that they are capable of hanging with the Royals. And let's be honest, nobody in the region is going to beat Mason Co. twice this year. If you're going to get them, save it for the region and not in some meaningless, mid-season tournament. The perfect scenario for the Tribe would be to play them tough again in February and then try to knock them off at home in the regional tournament.

 

A lot of people will say that Mason didn't play their best, and that Miller could've had 40 "if he wanted", yada, yada, yada. But Montgomery didn't play their best either, they missed a ton of FT's.

 

I having been waiting to see the outcome of this game. It played out about the way I expected. Agree with you, when we lost to Mason Co last year by 8, and had a player missing and one just returning, I knew we could beat them in the regional when it counted. We all know how that turned out.

 

Best of luck to both teams the rest of the year. The regional tourney could be real interesting this year.

  • Replies 117
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 for Middleton in the second half. Three 3s in the 3rd quarter when the Royals went on a little run; then had several drives to the basket that resulted in points. Montgomery never did panic, and eventually got the lead back to 5 in the 4th quarter. That pretty much used up what the Indians had left in the tank.

 

The 3 by Tolle at the end of the first quarter was big. The mini-run to get the lead to 5 at halftime was also big; Mason County has historically had a bad habit of giving up those plays and mini-runs at the end of quarters.

 

Rash for Montgomery does defend well, but commits entirely too many fouls doing so. Sat pretty much if not all the entire 2nd quarter; had 4 fouls (I think) in probably no more than 20 minutes of playing time. It was #10 that threw the cheap shot to Middleton. To his credit, the Indians coach took him right out.

 

Here's what I got out of today's game. On the plus side for Montgomery, they are to be commended for keeping the game to within a couple of possessions for much of the game. This with a whole bunch of missed free throws. If they keep the turnover margin to within 3 or 4 instead of 9, they have a great chance to pull this one out.

 

On the plus side for Mason, they sleepwalk through the first half, have an off game from Setty, 2 points from Middleton in the first half, and an average game from Darius, miss a half dozen layups - and they still win by 14 (I said 16 on the predictions thread) over the consensus #2 team in the region. They know they were in a dogfight, which can only help come tournament time.

 

PS - if the Royals play like this in their next 2 games, they lose.

 

Solid post MCPapa.

Are you a Montgomery or Mason fan? I was surpised at the pockets of Mason County fans sitting in the visitor section when the Home section wasn't full - what's the purpose of that?

 

I would say I am a Mason Co. fan. The reason I sat on the opposite side was because the other side seemed too crowded for my liking. I like my space, haha. But the student section seemed fairly empty. Mason's student section is usually full, but I don't know why it wasn't. It hasn't been for the whole tournament.

I saw a coach from Northern KY there tonight, and a guy who was decked out in Ohio State stuff, but I'm not sure he was a coach... I hope some of these 10th region boys get a chance to play at the next level!

How many seniors does Montgomery and Mason have? Who are they?

I saw a coach from Northern KY there tonight, and a guy who was decked out in Ohio State stuff, but I'm not sure he was a coach... I hope some of these 10th region boys get a chance to play at the next level!

 

What kind of schools do you think Josh Clark could go to? Anybody know who is recruiting him or where he might be going? I really love the way he plays. If he was a little taller, he would be an absolute beast.

How many seniors does Montgomery and Mason have? Who are they?

 

 

King, Miller, Setty, Tolle for Mason Co.

How many seniors does Montgomery and Mason have? Who are they?

 

Montgomery has several....Clark, Stephens, Stull, K.Curtis, Gibbons. There may be others, but these are the ones that come to mind.

I thought Mason got a few good minutes from freshman Neal Pawsat tonight. He stepped in there and grabbed a rebound and took a charge when the game was neck to neck. I believe this young fellow is going to be a good one. I was surprised they didn't put him back in the game the 2nd half.

What kind of schools do you think Josh Clark could go to? Anybody know who is recruiting him or where he might be going? I really love the way he plays. If he was a little taller, he would be an absolute beast.

 

I agree. He plays with a lot of heart. I don't know who is recruiting him, but I would think he could be a contributor at Campbellsville, Cumberland, Georgetown, or Lindsey Wilson. I would think places like Union College, Berea, Brescia, Asbury, Spalding, Shawnee State would be a great fit for him.

Montgomery has several....Clark, Stephens, Stull, K.Curtis, Gibbons. There may be others, but these are the ones that come to mind.

 

Seniors for Montgomery Co.

 

Josh Clark

Jordan Stephens

Blaine Stull

Garrett Gibbons

Jeff Daily

 

Kaleb Curtis re-injured his shoulder after the football season and will not play this year. Just think how physical the Tribe D would be if they had him this year.

I agree. He plays with a lot of heart. I don't know who is recruiting him, but I would think he could be a contributor at Campbellsville, Cumberland, Georgetown, or Lindsey Wilson. I would think places like Union College, Berea, Brescia, Asbury, Spalding, Shawnee State would be a great fit for him.

 

That's about what I was thinking. Somebody will get a good one with him....seems to be a great kid also.

That's about what I was thinking. Somebody will get a good one with him....seems to be a great kid also.

 

And a solid student in the classroom.:thumb:

I saw a coach from Northern KY there tonight, and a guy who was decked out in Ohio State stuff, but I'm not sure he was a coach... I hope some of these 10th region boys get a chance to play at the next level!

 

Who would he be interested in?

I can't believe the refs didn't see that.

 

Montgomery's coach saw it and he did what he needed to do....pull him. This young man has potential but he will blow any chance he has if he keeps up the mental stuff.....

 

If a college sees that type of attitude....they move on.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.