Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mason Co 69 Montgomery Co 55

Featured Replies

 

He reminds me of a kid named Blake Downing that started at Georgetown College at the Power Forward spot. He went to PRP, was a below the rim 6'3 kid who just worked his butt off.

 

I do think Union College ought to be on this kid.

 

He can play somewhere...he has to develop his game away from the basket.

  • Replies 117
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe no one has mentioned the and-one tip in Darius made while he was being blocked out and falling to the ground. It was the most incredible shot I've seen this year.

 

 

Nice play. Great focus and floor awareness. He knew where the rim was for sure. Players make plays.

Actually, LOAD, I don't have a problem with that at all. Not that Mason County should need any BGP bulletin board material to get them motivated in this year's regional tourney; but I think that it's a very good thing to keep getting reminded about last year. I'm guessing that the coaches do it on a regular basis, and to see it reinforced over and over again somewhere like here should help keep "the eye on the prize".:thumb:

 

So keep those reminders coming!

 

Great, glad you don't have a problem with it. I guess that is what happens when a long drought finally receives rain. I don't have a problem with it at all either and I thank Gold Sunrise for the reminders, the bulletin board material I guess that is what you would call it. I was only making the point that the Gold one never drops the ball. :thumb:

How many seniors does Montgomery and Mason have? Who are
I would say I am a Mason Co. fan. The reason I sat on the opposite side was because the other side seemed too crowded for my liking. I like my space, haha. But the student section seemed fairly empty. Mason's student section is usually full, but I don't know why it wasn't. It hasn't been for the whole tournament.

 

Maybe the students are following the example sat by others in that they don't want to "sit where it is crowded". Give the students good role models.

 

There were plenty of seats everywhere in the gym (although I thought the attendance was pretty good by today's standards). If you chose to sit on the MoCo side, I feel like there were other reasons besides space, because if you were bothered by the Mo Co fans you must have been right in the middle of the Mo Co section, therefore in a crowded situation that you were trying to avoid.

Maybe the students are following the example sat by others in that they don't want to "sit where it is crowded". Give the students good role models.

 

There were plenty of seats everywhere in the gym (although I thought the attendance was pretty good by today's standards). If you chose to sit on the MoCo side, I feel like there were other reasons besides space, because if you were bothered by the Mo Co fans you must have been right in the middle of the Mo Co section, therefore in a crowded situation that you were trying to avoid.

 

confusing as that was... good post!:D

Plato I assume you were at the game, did the Mason County fans sound as ruthless in person as they did over the radio? I assume the broadcasting booth was smack in the middle of the Mason County fan section...

 

Yes they were as ruthless in person as they sounded to you. I set in the middle of the Mason County section and there were a few people that complained on every call. Mason was hand checking on every possesion and they were complaining about Montgomery players pushing off. It is a shame but there are people just like this at almost every gym in KY. I have a lot of respect for a high school offical having to listen to all of the cry babies. I don't always agree with the calls but to set and holler at the refs. about every call is stupid.

Maybe the students are following the example sat by others in that they don't want to "sit where it is crowded". Give the students good role models.

 

There were plenty of seats everywhere in the gym (although I thought the attendance was pretty good by today's standards). If you chose to sit on the MoCo side, I feel like there were other reasons besides space, because if you were bothered by the Mo Co fans you must have been right in the middle of the Mo Co section, therefore in a crowded situation that you were trying to avoid.

 

So you're saying I'm not a good role model because I sat on the opposite side? And never did I say I was bothered by the Montgomery Co. fans, but it's not like you couldn't hear them from where I was sitting. And if you were at the game, the bottom half of Montgomery Co.'s side was full, but the top definately wasn't. That's where I sat. I definately wouldn't call it crowded.

Yes they were as ruthless in person as they sounded to you. I set in the middle of the Mason County section and there were a few people that complained on every call. Mason was hand checking on every possesion and they were complaining about Montgomery players pushing off. It is a shame but there are people just like this at almost every gym in KY. I have a lot of respect for a high school offical having to listen to all of the cry babies. I don't always agree with the calls but to set and holler at the refs. about every call is stupid.

 

Montgomery Co. fans also wanted a foul called on every possession. It goes both ways.

In theory I don't have a problem with the BGC officials letting kids play. I do think that letting little hand checks go when no one gains an advantage, while guys are getting hammered, jerseys pulled, elbowed/hip checked out of bounds with nothing called is inconsistent at best. And I wish someone would call a carry once in a while.

 

That being said, referreeing is a thankless job. As someone posted not too long ago:

 

"The losing teams fans almost always complain about the refs."

 

Maybe the winning teams fans do also. I'll also say this. A truly great student section cheers more for their own team than running down the opposition or the officials. That's what to me makes the CovCath section special. Not just the clever cheers, but the willingness to keep cheering for their team when they're way down (not that that happens too often).

Just doing my part to get this thread to Page 3.:D

IMO , from what I've seen in the last 3-4 years ,refs aren't very good. I saw a tournament called using two refs and they were the best officiated games I've seen this year. Seems like when there's three officials, one is waiting for the other two to make the call and nothing is called. If all the fouls were called yesterday that were made ,the managers would have to played because everyone else would be fouled out.It's tooooooo rough.:dancingpa

Montgomery Co. fans also wanted a foul called on every possession. It goes both ways.

 

It does go both ways. The Montgomery players were hand checking as well, but I couldn't hear their fans over the Mason fans.:lol:

IMO , from what I've seen in the last 3-4 years ,refs aren't very good. I saw a tournament called using two refs and they were the best officiated games I've seen this year. Seems like when there's three officials, one is waiting for the other two to make the call and nothing is called. If all the fouls were called yesterday that were made ,the managers would have to played because everyone else would be fouled out.It's tooooooo rough.:dancingpa

 

You got that right it's way tooooooo rough. There could have been a foul called on almost every possession yesterday.

Do you all think that most teams will "waste" a foul or two early to get an idea of how the game will be called; then play accordingly?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.