Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mason Co 69 Montgomery Co 55

Featured Replies

I agree, from listening to the game over the radio is seemed as if Stephens missed alot of shots around the rim.....but that's easy to do when Darius Miller is between you and the goal!

  • Replies 117
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darius was 4/13 from the floor tonight, 1/1 from 3FG, and 9/10 from the line. He had 14 rebounds, 3 assists, and 6 blocked shots and 2 steals (it seemed like he got more steals than that).

 

The thing about Darius IMO is that he doesn't care if he gets 40 or not - he does the things it takes for Mason to win. He's a special player.

Plato I assume you were at the game, did the Mason County fans sound as ruthless in person as they did over the radio? I assume the broadcasting booth was smack in the middle of the Mason County fan section...

Darius was 4/13 from the floor tonight, 1/1 from 3FG, and 9/10 from the line. He had 14 rebounds, 3 assists, and 6 blocked shots and 2 steals (it seemed like he got more steals than that).

 

The thing about Darius IMO is that he doesn't care if he gets 40 or not - he does the things it takes for Mason to win. He's a special player.

 

Couldn't have said it better myself. :D

Plato I assume you were at the game, did the Mason County fans sound as ruthless in person as they did over the radio?

 

It wasn't the biggest croud ever at the fieldhouse, but they were loud. Great atmosphere for a high school basketball game! It's always more fun when the band is there.

 

The Mason Co. fan section is right behind where the radio guys are. You probably heard more than I could.

 

I was surprised at how quiet the Montgomery Co. fans were, especially when the Tribe cut it to 5.

Plato I assume you were at the game, did the Mason County fans sound as ruthless in person as they did over the radio? I assume the broadcasting booth was smack in the middle of the Mason County fan section...

 

All I can say is that I was on Montgomery Co's side of the gym, and they were horrible. They yelled on every call, and ever possesion it seemed like. Looks like it went both ways, you just couldn't hear them on the radio because they weren't right behind the booth. They may have seemed quiet to you, but I'd have to disagree.

I think this game played out very well for Montgomery Co. I'm sure they would have liked to get the win, but they proved that they are capable of hanging with the Royals. And let's be honest, nobody in the region is going to beat Mason Co. twice this year. If you're going to get them, save it for the region and not in some meaningless, mid-season tournament. The perfect scenario for the Tribe would be to play them tough again in February and then try to knock them off at home in the regional tournament.

 

A lot of people will say that Mason didn't play their best, and that Miller could've had 40 "if he wanted", yada, yada, yada. But Montgomery didn't play their best either, they missed a ton of FT's.

I think this game played out very well for Montgomery Co. I'm sure they would have liked to get the win, but they proved that they are capable of hanging with the Royals. And let's be honest, nobody in the region is going to beat Mason Co. twice this year. If you're going to get them, save it for the region and not in some meaningless, mid-season tournament. The perfect scenario for the Tribe would be to play them tough again in February and then try to knock them off at home in the regional tournament.

 

A lot of people will say that Mason didn't play their best, and that Miller could've had 40 "if he wanted", yada, yada, yada. But Montgomery didn't play their best either, they missed a ton of FT's.

 

 

And Mason County couldn't buy a shot until late in the game.

I couldn't disagree more. Brandon Rash did a GREAT job defending Darius - he even blocked one of his 15' jumpers in the first half. Darius didn't have many clean looks at the basket. He's a very good player, but to discount Montgomery's defense :irked:

 

Brandon Rash never gets enough credit for his defense. IMO, he is one of the best defenders in the region. He has done a very good job on some very good players over the last two years. :thumb:

And Mason County couldn't buy a shot until late in the game.

 

What about the start of the third quarter when Middleton hit three 3's to open up the big lead? :confused: Were you late getting back from the concession stand at halftime? :lol:

What about the start of the third quarter when Middleton hit three 3's to open up the big lead? :confused: Were you late getting back from the concession stand at halftime? :lol:

 

Actually, I got my food at the beginning:D.

 

But I meant late as being 2nd half. That's pretty late for your shots to be falling, if you ask me.

20 for Middleton in the second half. Three 3s in the 3rd quarter when the Royals went on a little run; then had several drives to the basket that resulted in points. Montgomery never did panic, and eventually got the lead back to 5 in the 4th quarter. That pretty much used up what the Indians had left in the tank.

 

The 3 by Tolle at the end of the first quarter was big. The mini-run to get the lead to 5 at halftime was also big; Mason County has historically had a bad habit of giving up those plays and mini-runs at the end of quarters.

 

Rash for Montgomery does defend well, but commits entirely too many fouls doing so. Sat pretty much if not all the entire 2nd quarter; had 4 fouls (I think) in probably no more than 20 minutes of playing time. It was #10 that threw the cheap shot to Middleton. To his credit, the Indians coach took him right out.

 

Here's what I got out of today's game. On the plus side for Montgomery, they are to be commended for keeping the game to within a couple of possessions for much of the game. This with a whole bunch of missed free throws. If they keep the turnover margin to within 3 or 4 instead of 9, they have a great chance to pull this one out.

 

On the plus side for Mason, they sleepwalk through the first half, have an off game from Setty, 2 points from Middleton in the first half, and an average game from Darius, miss a half dozen layups - and they still win by 14 (I said 16 on the predictions thread) over the consensus #2 team in the region. They know they were in a dogfight, which can only help come tournament time.

 

PS - if the Royals play like this in their next 2 games, they lose.

All I can say is that I was on Montgomery Co's side of the gym, and they were horrible. They yelled on every call, and ever possesion it seemed like. Looks like it went both ways, you just couldn't hear them on the radio because they weren't right behind the booth. They may have seemed quiet to you, but I'd have to disagree.

 

Are you a Montgomery or Mason fan? I was surpised at the pockets of Mason County fans sitting in the visitor section when the Home section wasn't full - what's the purpose of that?

20 for Middleton in the second half. Three 3s in the 3rd quarter when the Royals went on a little run; then had several drives to the basket that resulted in points. Montgomery never did panic, and eventually got the lead back to 5 in the 4th quarter. That pretty much used up what the Indians had left in the tank.

 

The 3 by Tolle at the end of the first quarter was big. The mini-run to get the lead to 5 at halftime was also big; Mason County has historically had a bad habit of giving up those plays and mini-runs at the end of quarters.

 

Rash for Montgomery does defend well, but commits entirely too many fouls doing so. Sat pretty much if not all the entire 2nd quarter; had 4 fouls (I think) in probably no more than 20 minutes of playing time. It was #10 that threw the cheap shot to Middleton. To his credit, the Indians coach took him right out.

Here's what I got out of today's game. On the plus side for Montgomery, they are to be commended for keeping the game to within a couple of possessions for much of the game. This with a whole bunch of missed free throws. If they keep the turnover margin to within 3 or 4 instead of 9, they have a great chance to pull this one out.

 

On the plus side for Mason, they sleepwalk through the first half, have an off game from Setty, 2 points from Middleton in the first half, and an average game from Darius, miss a half dozen layups - and they still win by 14 (I said 16 on the predictions thread) over the consensus #2 team in the region. They know they were in a dogfight, which can only help come tournament time.

 

PS - if the Royals play like this in their next 2 games, they lose.

 

 

I can't believe the refs didn't see that.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.