Kansas 24 Virginia Tech 21

swamprat

...that Kansas defense sure is something else.

The Kansas defense looked good because the Hokies offensive coordinator refused to run the ball.

Every down field pass by the Hokies could have easily been intercepted. The hokies top two running backs both averaged over 5 yards per carry, and the offensive line was making holes. Too bad they also allowed holes on pass plays...

It looked to me that VT's gameplan was to win in the air. When they saw that it was not working, they were too stubborn to change.

The Jayhawks came out to win, and deserved it by the way they played.

The Kansas defense looked good because the Hokies offensive coordinator refused to run the ball.

Every down field pass by the Hokies could have easily been intercepted. The hokies top two running backs both averaged over 5 yards per carry, and the offensive line was making holes. Too bad they also allowed holes on pass plays...

It looked to me that VT's gameplan was to win in the air. When they saw that it was not working, they were too stubborn to change.

:thumb: I can agree with your thinking on this. When Va. Tech did run the football they basically drove it down thier throat and then for whatever reason they went back to the passing game.

All night long I kept waiting for VT to start running the ball. Kansas clearly could not stop their running game, yet they kept throwing INTs. It was bizarre and if I was Beemer, I would be reevaluating my OC.