UK's Leger suspended for Music City Bowl

Boucher

He didn't say what he did was idiotic, he called him an idiot. And I believe that is completely wrong.

You are right, totally uncalled for. The kid made a mistake,i don't know too many who don't.Good luck to Jason, learn from it and move on.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct. I'm disappointed in him to break a rule that results in hurting the team. Anytime you get suspended, it was a selfish move that got you suspended. Is that being a good teammate? No. Does it make him a bad kid? No but he needs to learn from it.

Is he a kid? Or is he a 21 or 22 year old man? Calling a college senior a kid is wrong. Too bad for the team.

Don't know why I singled your post as it seems a lot of people think he's a kid.

Not appropriate at all and I find that very offensive. I know him personally as he is a very good friend of mine. He is a very smart young man who made one mistake that he regrets very much. However you do not even know the slightest details of the story but you call him an 'idiot'? That is a joke.

Did he do something wrong? YES

Is he a senior? YES

Before said violation, whatever it may be, did he know it was wrong? YES

Sometimes one has to call a spade a spade. Maybe idiot was too strong a word, but there are plenty of adjectives that could go towards a senior, who made a selfish mistake, and has now ended his career, and further hurt his teammates and school.

Did he do something wrong? YES

Is he a senior? YES

Before said violation, whatever it may be, did he know it was wrong? YES

Sometimes one has to call a spade a spade. Maybe idiot was too strong a word, but there are plenty of adjectives that could go towards a senior, who made a selfish mistake, and has now ended his career, and further hurt his teammates and school.

So you are defending yourself, yet saying at the same time that calling him an idiot was probably the wrong thing to do?

^ Plain and simply calling him an "idiot" may have been too much. But would selfish? Childish? Immature? Careless? Again, he is obviously not an IDIOT, but he made a very IDIOTIC decision.

When people make an Idiotic decisions sometimes you have to call them how you see them.

RP I know what you meant. I have to agree with you.

Okay what did he do????? What team violation did he break what ever it was it must have been pretty bad to not be able to play. What a shame to end his senior year!!!!!

He was drunk at a bar and got arrested. From what I was told Coach Brooks already sent him home.

Some of you are getting all bent out of shape over nothing. I'm sure we've all done things in the past where we've described ourselves as idiots when trying to explain our actions to others. I'm sure if you asked Jason Leger why he isn't playing in the Music City Bowl he would probably reply "Because I'm an idiot". Now while Leger obviously isn't a stupid or foolish person, his actions that led to his suspension probably were stupid or foolish.