Underrated Programs in the State of Kentucky

born2reign

I was not trying to slant the information, I have submitted the complete list of information. I was merely stating that, the fact that Raceland has had to go threw Northern-Kentucky first has stopped Raceland from going further in the playoffs. I believe that to be fact, and I don't see how that can be disputed.
You went much farther than that in your assessment. You reached too far and got called on it.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the state scoreboard site and the state football program that lists playoff scores from every year since the playoff system started in 1959.

From this site?

http://www.khsaa.org/records/football/pastwinners.pdf

The "32" refers to the number of years in the four-class system. Only twice in that span did Raceland give the northern Kentucky representative a tougher game on the way to the finals than their other opponents, a far cry from the "many years" you claimed.

I have disclosed Raceland's full playoff record. Everyone can see it for what it is. Take it for what you will.

I was not trying to slant the information, I have submitted the complete list of information. I was merely stating that, the fact that Raceland has had to go threw Northern-Kentucky first has stopped Raceland from going further in the playoffs. I believe that to be fact, and I don't see how that can be disputed. I do not think that that other districts would have been cake walks, and I don't think Raceland would have beaten them every year. But, I think Raceland would have some Regional Titles.

Face it Northern-Kentucky is strong in 1A football. the West has some good teams, the East has some good teams, but not as strong as Beechwood and NCC has been, and not as strong as Ludlow and Belvue used to be.

Ram you didn't slant the information. You're correct in your post and NKY has been Racelands downfall through the years. Being from Ludlow I know exactly what you're saying. I will also say that I've probably never met any better fans than those from Raceland.

You went much farther than that in your assessment. You reached too far and got called on it.

I have stated the same thing several times, this time I did not state it in as full detail, because most people, who follow the 1A threads, have read it several times before. That is why no one else has called me on it, they know what I was saying. If you are looking for something to complain about, you will find it.

I have explained what I meant, I have given the full history for everyone to make their own decision. All facts.

Ram you didn't slant the information. You're correct in your post and NKY has been Racelands downfall through the years. Being from Ludlow I know exactly what you're saying. I will also say that I've probably never met any better fans than those from Raceland.

Thanks.

I do miss those games with Ludlow. We always had a good relationship with the fans from Ludlow.

No. I told you where I found the information.

I have disclosed Raceland's full playoff record. Everyone can see it for what it is. Take it for what you will.
Again, your original statement was that there were many years that Raceland gave the northern Kentucky representative their toughest game before the state finals. That clearly isn't the case, and here is the research to prove it:

2006 ... Newport Catholic beat Raceland 46-27 ... Beechwood (21-20) and Somerset (40-24) played them closer.

2005 ... Newport Catholic didn’t play Raceland. Closest game was Somerset (35-10).

2004 ... Beechwood didn’t play Raceland. Closest game was Newport Catholic (14-9).

2003 ... Beechwood didn’t play Raceland. Closest game was Newport Catholic (33-22).

2002 ... Beechwood didn’t play Raceland. Closest game was Newport Catholic (20-0).

2001 ... Newport Catholic beat Raceland 56-7. Bellevue (28-0) and Beechwood (34-7) played them closer.

2000 ... Newport Catholic didn’t play Raceland. Closest game was Beechwood (17-14).

1999 ... Beechwood beat Raceland 44-12. Ludlow (29-0) and Pikeville (25-19) played them closer.

1998 ... Beechwood didn’t play Raceland. The Tigers lost to Middlesboro in the semifinals.

1997 ... Beechwood didn’t play Raceland. Closest game was Middlesboro (34-13).

1996 ... Beechwood didn’t play Raceland. Closest game was Dayton (23-20).

1995 ... Beechwood didn’t play Raceland. Closest game was Newport Catholic (26-7).

1994 ... Beechwood didn’t play Raceland. Closest game was Pikeville (23-17).

1993 ... Beechwood didn’t play Raceland. Closest game was Newport Catholic (15-6).

1992 ... Beechwood didn’t play Raceland. Closest game was Lloyd (35-14).

1991 ... Beechwood didn’t play Raceland. Closest game was Lloyd (27-12).

1990 ... Bellevue beat Raceland 10-0. Nobody else played them closer until the finals.

1989 ... Beechwood didn’t play Raceland. The Tigers lost to Pikeville in the semifinals.

1988 ... Beechwood beat Raceland 34-14. The Tigers lost to Pikeville in the semifinals.

1987 ... Beechwood beat Raceland 35-14. The Tigers lost to Pikeville in the semifinals.

1986 ... Beechwood beat Raceland 37-12. The Tigers lost to Cumberland in the semifinals.

1985 ... Beechwood didn’t play Raceland. The Tigers lost to Paintsville in the semifinals.

1984 ... Beechwood beat Raceland 12-0. Pikeville (29-21) played them closer.

1983 ... Beechwood didn’t play Raceland. The Tigers lost to Cumberland in the semifinals.

1982 ... Beechwood beat Raceland 21-0. The Tigers lost to Cumberland in the semifinals.

1981 ... Bellevue didn’t play Raceland. The Tigers lost to Paris in the finals.

1980 ... Bellevue beat Raceland 36-6. Paintsville (46-21) played them closer.

1979 ... Bellevue beat Raceland 33-0. Paintsville (7-0) played them closer.

1978 ... Beechwood didn’t play Raceland. The Tigers lost to Paintsville in the semifinals.

1977 ... Bellevue beat Raceland 22-6. Nobody else played them closer in the playoffs.

1976 ... Bellevue didn’t play Raceland. Closest game was Paintsville (17-16).

1975 ... Ludlow beat Raceland 27-0. Closest game was Elkhorn City (27-6).

With the system set as it is, I doubt we'll get to play each other in the post season anytime soon.

Both of us would have to have great seasons in the same year. But, it will be fun to try.

:confused: Hay Hay now, Lets not go that far Ram. Hang in there.:thumb:

Everyone can read Raceland's playoff history and make their own decision. And if a Moderator agrees with him, I will take my suspension.