Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Underrated Programs in the State of Kentucky

Featured Replies

Ram, you're having a tough go on this thread. Hang in there pal. :thumb:

 

:thumb:I'm trying, I guess it was my time in the box.

  • Replies 78
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your taking it like a champ, ram, I have to respect that.

your taking it like a champ, ram, I have to respect that.

 

Welcome to BGP Coupon, it's a great site for Kentukcy High School Sports. You will find you can please some of the people all of the time, but you can not please all of the people most of the time.

Would Boone win 5A if they were in that class?

 

How about 1A?

 

AAAAA no, A yes.

AAAAA no, A yes.

 

Thanks. I have a hard time placing the NKY 6A teams with the rest of NKY.

Thanks. I have a hard time placing the NKY 6A teams with the rest of NKY.

 

Beechwood, IMO, has been just as strong as Boone since the early 90s.

Thanks. I have a hard time placing the NKY 6A teams with the rest of NKY.

 

If you exclude Trinity, Male, and X (which no one has had any sustained success against), then wouldn't NKY teams have been as successful as any other area of the state in the biggest class? I am asking not making a statement.

 

This might be seperate thread.

If you exclude Trinity, Male, and X (which no one has had any sustained success against), then wouldn't NKY teams have been as successful as any other area of the state in the biggest class? I am asking not making a statement.

 

This might be seperate thread.

 

Not really. It's just been Trinity that has been the foil to NKY 6A.

Beechwood, IMO, has been just as strong as Boone since the early 90s.

 

Do these teams play/scrimmage?

If you exclude Trinity, Male, and X (which no one has had any sustained success against), then wouldn't NKY teams have been as successful as any other area of the state in the biggest class?
Possibly.
Do these teams play/scrimmage?

 

Boone and Beechwood don't, but the Beechies have played and beaten Ryle a few time over the years.

Beechwood, IMO, has been just as strong as Boone since the early 90s.

 

There has not been a season that I can think of, except 98, in which I can remember Beechwood being definatively better than Boone. There have also been numerous times in which the A state qualifier or champion has been beaten by a AAAA school. It is usually however not Boone. I can't remember them playing NCC or Beechwood. Like someone else said, a subject for another thread. By far the best team in NKY year in and year out is Highlands.

Boone and Beechwood don't, but the Beechies have played and beaten Ryle a few time over the years.

 

Was this before Ryle was AAAA? I do not remember Beechwood playing Ryle since that change. I do know in the last three years Ryle is 2-1 vs a three time state qualifying and two time state chanpion NCC team.

There has not been a season that I can think of, except 98, in which I can remember Beechwood being definatively better than Boone. There have also been numerous times in which the A state qualifier or champion has been beaten by a AAAA school. It is usually however not Boone. I can't remember them playing NCC or Beechwood. Like someone else said, a subject for another thread. By far the best team in NKY year in and year out is Highlands.

 

As much as it pains me to champion Beechwood and taking into account the dangers of comparing scores against common opponents, I'll do it anyway.

 

In 1998, Beechwood beat CovCath 24 - 21 and Ryle 27 - 22. Boone lost to CovCath 26 - 14 and lost to Ryle 33 - 0.

 

In 1999, CovCath beat Boone 38 - 13 and lost to Beechwood 26 - 0.

 

In 2000, CovCath lost to Boone 37 - 12 and lost to Beechwood 14 - 0.

 

In 2001, SK beat Boone 6 - 0 and lost to Beechwood 14 - 12.

 

In 2003, CovCath lost to Boone 23 - 21 and lost to Beechwood 26 - 7.

 

In 2004, CovCath beat Boone 28 - 0 and beat Beechwood 26 - 25.

 

In 2005 CovCath beat Boone 50 - 19 and beat Beechwood 28 - 14.

 

 

I don't have access to all the scores from the 90s, but going by memory I would say those scores would support Beechwood being just as good as Boone, if not better.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.