Underrated Programs in the State of Kentucky

born2reign

As much as it pains me to champion Beechwood and taking into account the dangers of comparing scores against common opponents, I'll do it anyway.

In 1998, Beechwood beat CovCath 24 - 21 and Ryle 27 - 22. Boone lost to CovCath 26 - 14 and lost to Ryle 33 - 0.

In 1999, CovCath beat Boone 38 - 13 and lost to Beechwood 26 - 0.

In 2000, CovCath lost to Boone 37 - 12 and lost to Beechwood 14 - 0.

In 2001, SK beat Boone 6 - 0 and lost to Beechwood 14 - 12.

In 2003, CovCath lost to Boone 23 - 21 and lost to Beechwood 26 - 7.

In 2004, CovCath beat Boone 28 - 0 and beat Beechwood 26 - 25.

In 2005 CovCath beat Boone 50 - 19 and beat Beechwood 28 - 14.

I don't have access to all the scores from the 90s, but going by memory I would say those scores would support Beechwood being just as good as Boone, if not better.

Like I said earlier, in 98 Boone was 2-8. 99 Beechwood was likely better. 2000, Campbell County beat the team from NKY who went to state in A, who was NCC, and Boone Destroyed Campbell. 2001 SK beat Boone in a horrid rain storm that was a fluke. Once again, same comparison can be made with NCC and Campbell, except Ncc won in a close one that season. 2002 - present, the only comparison can be between Cov, which is a poor comparison considering the rivalry factor. Point being, the best team in NKY in AAAA has been as good as or better than the best in NKY A year in and year out since at least 1985. As a matter of fact, Campbell County was 2-8 in 99 and 00, and one of their wins each of those seasons was NCC. NCC went to the state finals in 00.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said earlier, in 98 Boone was 2-8. 99 Beechwood was likely better. 2000, Campbell County beat the team from NKY who went to state in A, who was NCC, and Boone Destroyed Campbell. 2001 SK beat Boone in a horrid rain storm that was a fluke. Once again, same comparison can be made with NCC and Campbell, except Ncc won in a close one that season. 2002 - present, the only comparison can be between Cov, which is a poor comparison considering the rivalry factor. Point being, the best team in NKY in AAAA has been as good as or better than the best in NKY A year in and year out since at least 1985. As a matter of fact, Campbell County was 2-8 in 99 and 00, and one of their wins each of those seasons was NCC. NCC went to the state finals in 00.

You've changed the discussion from Boone being better than Beechwood to the best of NKY AAAA being better than the best of NKY A, but I will still disagree on the bolded part.

I will agree that CovCath is Beechwood's Super Bowl.

You've changed the discussion from Boone being better than Beechwood to the best of NKY AAAA being better than the best of NKY A, but I will still disagree on the bolded part.

I will agree that CovCath is Beechwood's Super Bowl.

We will have to disagree. Beechwood is the best A school in the state since 91. That does not mean they have been better than Boone. There is a difference between A and AAAA.

As much as it pains me to champion Beechwood and taking into account the dangers of comparing scores against common opponents, I'll do it anyway.

In 1998, Beechwood beat CovCath 24 - 21 and Ryle 27 - 22. Boone lost to CovCath 26 - 14 and lost to Ryle 33 - 0.

In 1999, CovCath beat Boone 38 - 13 and lost to Beechwood 26 - 0.

In 2000, CovCath lost to Boone 37 - 12 and lost to Beechwood 14 - 0.

In 2001, SK beat Boone 6 - 0 and lost to Beechwood 14 - 12.

In 2003, CovCath lost to Boone 23 - 21 and lost to Beechwood 26 - 7.

In 2004, CovCath beat Boone 28 - 0 and beat Beechwood 26 - 25.

In 2005 CovCath beat Boone 50 - 19 and beat Beechwood 28 - 14.

I don't have access to all the scores from the 90s, but going by memory I would say those scores would support Beechwood being just as good as Boone, if not better.

I have to agree with you colonel-fan.