Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Derrick Caracter suspended

Featured Replies

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DC is a mess. His curfew for Saturday night was 9 PM, which seems kinda harsh, but he didn't show up until 10:45. He got busted, then snuck back out later on in the night and got caught again.

 

Supposedly Pitino will NOT cut him loose and kick him off the team. He feels like if he does Caracter will be a complete failure and will end up on the street, and RP says he would feel responsible. I hear they are making DC move out of Minardi Hall and into a regular student dorm and won't let him practice in the YUM center, where the rest of the Cards practice.

 

I'm not sure if he will end up back on the team or not, but either way this kid has a lot of growing up to do. He's been given so many chances and just won't respond. Such a waste.

 

According to Coach RP press conference, all the above is true. He did not decide this...the team did.

The team actually made Caracter sign an agreement and one of the rules on there was curfew, and he broke it the same night,

I mentioned that I feel that this team is a fractured group.

They still can win a lot of ballgames and go far in the tourney, but there are some underlying things within the team.

You have T-Will pulling a gun on Jerry Smith this summer...

In addition, I think you have a few players with their eyes on getting to the next level as quickly as possible...this lends to selfishness.

TWill is not real popular in the lockerroom and Caracter is not a favorite as well.

Hate to see this happen to a group with boatloads of potential.

^ TWill will isn't to popular on campus either.

I hate to see this for the Cards...I hope the kid gets his life together.

I mentioned that I feel that this team is a fractured group.

They still can win a lot of ballgames and go far in the tourney, but there are some underlying things within the team.

You have T-Will pulling a gun on Jerry Smith this summer...

In addition, I think you have a few players with their eyes on getting to the next level as quickly as possible...this lends to selfishness.

TWill is not real popular in the lockerroom and Caracter is not a favorite as well.

Hate to see this happen to a group with boatloads of potential.

 

The worst thing that could have happened to this team was David Padgett going down, and it has more to do with his leadership ability than anything else. DP basically kept this team together, organizing all the workouts over the summer, making sure everyone stayed out of trouble, etc. Even though he is still around the team, he isn't out there practicing and leading, and it is hurting the Cards tremendously. Pitino kicked the whole team out of practice last week, and now this suspension with Caracter. The Cards have a ton of potential, but a lot of head cases on the team. Funny thing is, I thought if anyone could get them to gel, it would be Rick. So far, he has proved me wrong.

I hope for his sake that he can get things together, not for basketball but for him. How many times now is it for this kid? I didn't think that he would had been around this long. Anyway, as I said I hope that he can get things in the proper persective.

I mentioned that I feel that this team is a fractured group.

They still can win a lot of ballgames and go far in the tourney, but there are some underlying things within the team.

You have T-Will pulling a gun on Jerry Smith this summer...

In addition, I think you have a few players with their eyes on getting to the next level as quickly as possible...this lends to selfishness.

TWill is not real popular in the lockerroom and Caracter is not a favorite as well.

Hate to see this happen to a group with boatloads of potential.

 

Did T-Will really pull a gun on Jerry Smith? I haven't heard of that, if so that gives me a completely different prospective of T-Will. If he did do that what was the reason?

The worst thing that could have happened to this team was David Padgett going down, and it has more to do with his leadership ability than anything else. DP basically kept this team together, organizing all the workouts over the summer, making sure everyone stayed out of trouble, etc. Even though he is still around the team, he isn't out there practicing and leading, and it is hurting the Cards tremendously. Pitino kicked the whole team out of practice last week, and now this suspension with Caracter. The Cards have a ton of potential, but a lot of head cases on the team. Funny thing is, I thought if anyone could get them to gel, it would be Rick. So far, he has proved me wrong.

 

Still plenty of time left and they came on pretty well last year.

Did T-Will really pull a gun on Jerry Smith? I haven't heard of that, if so that gives me a completely different prospective of T-Will. If he did do that what was the reason?

 

I never heard this, either. I always thought T-Will was goofy-crazy, but not psycho-crazy.

Did T-Will really pull a gun on Jerry Smith? I haven't heard of that, if so that gives me a completely different prospective of T-Will. If he did do that what was the reason?

 

It was during a pick up game over the summer. I think they starting arguing about a foul of some kind then he went and got a gun.

The worst thing that could have happened to this team was David Padgett going down, and it has more to do with his leadership ability than anything else. DP basically kept this team together, organizing all the workouts over the summer, making sure everyone stayed out of trouble, etc. Even though he is still around the team, he isn't out there practicing and leading, and it is hurting the Cards tremendously. Pitino kicked the whole team out of practice last week, and now this suspension with Caracter. The Cards have a ton of potential, but a lot of head cases on the team. Funny thing is, I thought if anyone could get them to gel, it would be Rick. So far, he has proved me wrong.

 

 

I agree that speaks volumes.

It was during a pick up game over the summer. I think they starting arguing about a foul of some kind then he went and got a gun.

 

So, they filming the sequel to "White Men Can't Jump" in Louisville?

won't let him practice in the YUM center,

 

If he's suspended long, he'll be out of shape. He likes to spend too much time in the YUMMY center.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.