Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If you could...

Featured Replies

JTIII would be my #2 coach...

  • Replies 59
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coach Izzo

 

Hansbrough

Beasley

 

2nd choice

Coach K

Rose

Love

Well I asked the question ( that I guess you missed ) that if you could pick 1 coach and 2 players ( any coach, any players ) who would they be. I just found it funny that he picked Billy G over guys like Roy Williams, Coach K, Calipari , Tubby Smith, Billy D. That's why it was funny.

 

This is just as funny.

  • Author
I don't understand how anyone picks Roy Williams....That man has done less with more than any other coach in the country IMO.

 

My coach: John Thompson III

 

My players: Derrick Rose and Roy Hibbert

 

531-131 career record?? Look at what the man has done in his career..

 

Won a national championship, ACC tournament championship, 2 ACC regular season championships, 3 Big 12 tournament championships, 4 Big 12 regular season championships, AP coach of the year in 1992 and 2006, and Naismith coach of the year in 1997.

 

Williams won more games in his first 15 years as a head coach than anyone in the history of college basketball.

 

Williams is tied for 6th all time in NCAA tournament wins with 42. His NCAA tourney winning pect. is .742. He had head 7 number 1 seeded teams in the NCAA tournament.

 

Williams has coached a team to 30 or more wins 6 times, He has won 20 or more games 17 of his 19 years as a head coach. Williams had won at least one game in the NCAA tournament for 18 straight years, a record.

 

He is the fastest coach in D-1 history to reach 500 wins.

  • Author
This is just as funny.

 

Really? Compare the careers of the two, see how funny it is.

My Coach: Dick Fick

 

My Players: Saul Smith and Chuck Hayes

 

My Card: American Express

Don't shoot me but.....

 

Tubby Smith, Michael Beasley and Love from UCLA

 

Tubby is not a bad choice at all. I would pick him or Tom Izzo and maybe B. Donovan right now. Tubby can flat out coach, imo he is one of if not the best "bench" or "in game" coach in america. OTS or Izzo would probably be my top two choices with Donovan right there as well.

As for the players, Hansborough would be one and probably Beasley. Not sure.

  • Author
Tubby is not a bad choice at all. I would pick him or Tom Izzo and maybe B. Donovan right now. Tubby can flat out coach, imo he is one of if not the best "bench" or "in game" coach in america. OTS or Izzo would probably be my top two choices with Donovan right there as well.

As for the players, Hansborough would be one and probably Beasley. Not sure.

 

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Coach-Rick Pitino

 

Player1:Tyler Hansbrough

Player2:Darren Collison

Leader K - The man can coach and always has a lot of talent on his teams. Billy D is a real close second.

 

Rose and Beasley.

Pitino

Beasley - best player in college basketball

Patterson - may have limited abilities but appears to be the best hustler

Really? Compare the careers of the two, see how funny it is.

 

I didn't realize that this was a compare Billy G - Tubby thread but of course you have tried to turn it into that :rolleyes:. I never compared Tubby to Billy G I just don't think you can throw Tubby in there with the likes of Roy Williams and Coach K. I am a die hard UK fan and I will stand behind BCG just as I would have stood behind Tubby if he were still here. You are nothing but a UK basher plain and simple.

 

I guess it's easy to bash UK and BCG when they are down, but hopefully he will right the ship and get things turned around

Coach- Rick Pitino

 

Players- Derrick Rose, DJ White

  • Author
I didn't realize that this was a compare Billy G - Tubby thread but of course you have tried to turn it into that :rolleyes:. I never compared Tubby to Billy G I just don't think you can throw Tubby in there with the likes of Roy Williams and Coach K. I am a die hard UK fan and I will stand behind BCG just as I would have stood behind Tubby if he were still here. You are nothing but a UK basher plain and simple.

 

I guess it's easy to bash UK and BCG when they are down, but hopefully he will right the ship and get things turned around

 

How can you not? Have you seen Tubby's career record??

 

Yeah, your so right. I don't like UK, but I always have liked Tubby and I always will.

How can you not? Have you seen Tubby's career record??

 

Yeah, your so right. I don't like UK, but I always have liked Tubby and I always will.

 

As have I but it was time for him to go, it was better for both sides, even if BCG doesn't work out.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.