Elliott County 132 Greenup County 64

Nets

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only in the 16th would you get this comment in regards to a near 70 point loss. Everyone entitled to their opinion and most opinions will be favorable toward Elliott on this board and that's okay.

One last note here, look at the two teams in the finals last year and check out their schedules. Now that's how you prepare for a deep run. Their records and stats came against whole two or three levels higher in comp and they were prepared come tourney time. Elliott did not face a ranked team throughout the tourney until the loss to Warren Central which was inevitable.

I hope your right. I hope blowing out teams like this does help in the end. I have never met a competitor that left the court after a loss like this and think "hey, we learned something tonight." Don't think so.

Again, great win.

Since they were the number one and two teams in the state and they played "whole two or three levels higher in comp" I'm assuming they played the national champs, college, and pro teams. I didn't see that on anyones last year schedule.

Obviously Elliott County did something right last year considering they were one of eight teams left when the state tournament quarterfinals were played. They did lose to Warren Central. 5 sophmore starters, a junior, and an 8th grader who had never played in the state tournament lost to 5 senior starters and two or three seniors off the bench, who had players on thier team that had played 6 times in Rupp Arena. WC was the more expierenced, matured team. But last year doesn't matter. Elliott County is trying to prepare themselves for anothner trip to the state tournament, and sitting your starters for half the game would have gotten them no where tonight. They were trying to better themselves, as they will with every game this season.

Elliott did do something right. They won the games in front of them until they met up with a legit top 25 team and lost as predicted. Them reaching the regionals last year was great, but they reached it by not having to face Russell with Jon "Russell's 25 point-per-game leader" Vanhoose and Rose Hill lost in their one and only post season game in the first round of their district. Elliott is a good team in a below average region. That might not be the consensus on this messageboard, but it is throughout the state.

I hope EC knocks off some good teams this year and that will eliviate a ton of doubters.

Since they were the number one and two teams in the state and they played "whole two or three levels higher in comp" I'm assuming they played the national champs, college, and pro teams. I didn't see that on anyones last year schedule.

No, but they played 15 to 20 games against top 25 teams while EC played one, maybe two during the regular season??? If you wanted a legit player to develop and prep for college level play, would the 16th be your first region of choice?

I was going to ask the same thing. At least then, Elliott could say they have at least one game or more against a top 25 team.

If you read the post I left earlier. They will be playing the #1 and maybe the #2 team in the state this year, according to the rankings on this site. I put Elliott's strength of schedule against anyone's in the 16th region this year. How many top 25 teams did Rose Hill play last year?

Four questions Liberty:

What was Elliott's record against top 25 teams last year?

How many regular season games does Elliott play against Top 25 teams this year?

What was the purpose of beating a helpless team by continuing to score and run it up?

Was there a shot-clock in this game?

There are plenty of times when teams can steam-roll and demoralize teams this way but they choose to pull back.

What is your purpose? So you are saying that after Elliott gets a good lead, they should not let their good players play. The starters for Elliott have worked hard and they should not be penalized because they are winning. Sure, you need to let your bench play, as Elliott did in this game and the game before. Elliott was not trying to demoralize Greenup, they were trying to play basketball. No coach should ever try to hold back his players, that is just not good for the team or the players. This game could have been much worse if they were trying to demoralize Greenup.

Not anything but my post congratulating Elliott. No posts from any other RH supporters. Typical flow of any 16th region thread.:rolleyes:

Typical is 44 responses on this thread regarding a game that was between EC and "Average Joe's Gym" while Lex Cath was a top 5 team being knocked of by Cov Cath and the MC vs Tates Creek threads combined doesn't even equal half of this one. That is, I guess, typical.

Great win for Elliott.

What is your purpose? So you are saying that after Elliott gets a good lead, they should not let their good players play. The starters for Elliott have worked hard and they should not be penalized because they are winning. Sure, you need to let your bench play, as Elliott did in this game and the game before. Elliott was not trying to demoralize Greenup, they were trying to play basketball. No coach should ever try to hold back his players, that is just not good for the team or the players. This game could have been much worse if they were trying to demoralize Greenup.

I can promise you not every coach feels that way.

No, but they played 15 to 20 games against top 25 teams while EC played one, maybe two during the regular season??? If you wanted a legit player to develop and prep for college level play, would the 16th be your first region of choice?

They are more that goes into scheduling games than just calling someone and asking them to play. Elliott Co had only a certain number of games open in which they filled with top notch competition. When you are a class A school you dont have teams like this all the time. Which in result you dont always want to play top notch competition. So Elliott Co isnt just going to drop all the 16th region teams off their schedule this year and then when they have the weaker teams have to play the best teams in the state.

Four questions Liberty:

What was Elliott's record against top 25 teams last year?

How many regular season games does Elliott play against Top 25 teams this year?

What was the purpose of beating a helpless team by continuing to score and run it up?

Was there a shot-clock in this game?

There are plenty of times when teams can steam-roll and demoralize teams this way but they choose to pull back.

1. 1-1 beat S.Valley who was in top 25 according to L.H. Lost to W.C

2. 3 for sure and possibly more

3. Sub's played as much as 3 or 4 of the starters!!

4. If you know anything about basketball you know there was not a shot clock in this game

Anything else I can help you with Sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excuse me, but I left out the above quote in my former post. As I said, maybe I wouldn't want to play every team in the 16th, but I would want to play the Elliott County team.